20. Lights Out

Trigger Warning for Sexual Assault

Please message me if you want to know which part to avoid if this is a trigger for you or a basic summary of the events that had happened. I will try my best to get back to you. 

Telling the Truth

An unexpected power outage at McKinley called for everyone to adjust

An unexpected power outage at McKinley called for everyone to adjust. For some reason, school wasn't canceled despite the extreme difficulty to continue learning so instead everyone was told to just make it work... With the limited resources provided. Finn and Mr. Schue was passing out lanterns to the choir to help light the room. Many that the teacher had to pay for out of pocket. 

"All right," Mr. Schue starts. "I know these conditions aren't ideal, but I want to thank you guys for toughing it out. And we have our first volunteers who are going to show us how to get back to basics and really strip it down."

"Wanky," Becca laughs, pulling a Santana. 

Ignoring that, Mr. Schue introduces Sam and Becca for their number. Sam goes to grab his guitar  while she sets out the stools. "Um, well," he starts once they're settled. "when Mr. Schue started talking about being big, I started thinking about Phil Spector's legendary Wall of Sound and how he would use, like, thousands of instruments so his song could really fill a stadium. And I started thinking about stripping."

Noticing the concerned and confused looks from their friends, Becca rests her hand on his knee. "Don't we all do that?"

Shooting his girlfriend a smile, he continues. "Out of all that extra noise to get to the essence of the song." Suddenly getting nervous, Sam rambles on and immediately regrets what he said. "Plus my mom said that I was conceived to this song and my siblings... So most likely then if Becca wants kids someday they'll probably be conceived to this song too. So I sort of owe my whole family's existence to the Righteous Brothers and my possible future kids too..."

Hearing this, Finn narrows his eyes at this boy as he's had a lot of talks with Becca about the future and children. He didn't know what Sam knew about Becca and having bio kids, but if Sam was trying to force her to have kids, then he better start running. Finn would also have to shred his best man speech that he's been working on since Christmas.

Becca was also in shock at what Sam had just said, putting a pin in the kids conversation. "So uh, here it goes," she looks over at him to start playing.