03. Makeover

Vote for Blam

With no plans on preparing the group for Sectionals, the entire focus of the club has been on the upcoming election for Student Council President

With no plans on preparing the group for Sectionals, the entire focus of the club has been on the upcoming election for Student Council President. Due to this being a democracy and not a dictatorship, Brittany was forced to run again. Wanting something to distract him about missing Kurt, Blaine was planning on running against her. This year, there was the inclusion of a Vice President nomination. Which is why Blaine is trying to ask his campaign manager to be his.

However, Becca was too busy trying to show him some poster mock ups to even gather that he was trying to ask her to be his VP. However Brittany walked up with a somewhat confused Sam behind her. "Blaine Warbler meets Sam Evans."

Blaine looks at the girl confused, "We've met several times."

"That's what I said," Sam told him. "We're basically best friends."

"We are best friends," Blaine corrects by getting a smile out of Sam.

"Well either way, Sam's your candidate for Vice President." Brittany states much to Blaine's confusion. He loved Sam, but in regards to candidacy options... He'd rather take his girlfriend.

But hearing about this, Sam actually wanted to prove to himself and everyone else that he was candidate material.  So he had a way to sell himself, "My family's on food stamps so that will get you the sympathy vote. I'm on the football team and dating the co-head Cheerio so you got some more popularity dude. You, know I don't wanna brag but my impressions are hilarious a hundred percent of the time.'' Noticing that Becca's the only one who laughed, he clarified that it was a George Bush impression.

Seeing Becca's support and offering to be the Secretary if they win, he was sold on Sam being his VP. Brittany scheduled for them to have a debate between the two duos. Blaine's confidence was shattered slightly when Sam started freaking out a little on how bad he is at debating people causing him to bust out his John Wayne impression.

"Don't worry," Becca tells them, putting a hand on both of their shoulders to calm them down. "You both got this and I'll be your guys' campaign manager so I'll help you both out. The three of us together are awesome. There's a reason why we're going to the Golden Trio for Halloween. Speaking of which, Blaine, I'm banning your hair gel and I have the wig already for Sam so I will be styling it... We may need to use a sweatband or something to keep it in place if it doesn't fit." already ordered a red wig for Sam that I will be styling."

She starts to walk away before calling back to them. "Both of you. My house. Tonight. We are going to make sure you both kill this thing." 

* * *

	The trio were working their asses off on trying to make Sam seem like a serious candidate

The trio were working their asses off on trying to make Sam seem like a serious candidate. The blonde boy was trying his hardest, listening and trying to offer up any ideas or suggestions. Even still, he was struggling a lot. 

Seeing his best friend struggle so much worried Blaine a lot, but his faith in his best friend getting it eventually outweighed his fears. Setting down his plate of pizza, he looks at the notecard Becca wrote out for him. "How about this one. Test scores have gone down at McKinley, what can you do to fix the problem?"

"Stop giving tests," Sam answers. "They're hard and there's too many of them." Looking over at them for support for his response and being only met with silence, he realizes he messed up. "Look, I'm just confused. These questions are hard. I'm really sorry guys...  Can't I just strip for them?"

"That show is for my eyes and my eyes only," Becca tells him secretly thankful she encouraged her parents were upstairs and couldn't hear them. "And two, it's a good answer..."

"But not one they're looking for," Blaine finishes the statement for her. "But how about why do you think there's too many of them?"

Taking a moment, Sam figures out his answer. "Teachers are trying to see how much we memorized and don't seem to care if the students actually understand the material or that they just like struggle with taking tests no matter how much they study. Ee should focus on getting the student to know the material and less on testing. If a student is struggling with dyslexia or something, give them the stuff to succeed."

The two were proud of him getting that answer, but that didn't boost his mood at all. Moving his face into his hands, Sam sighs. "Look guys I'm sorry, this is a bad idea. Becks, you should do this, I'm really bad. Blaine, I don't want to let you down."

Coming to sit next to her boyfriend, she tried to assure him. "That was a good answer," she tells him.

"Only because you both helped me."

"You're not going to let me down and we still have time," Blaine assures his best friend.

"It took us an hour to get to that answer," Sam gives out frustrated laugh. "I don't think I'll be able to get to the next answer any quicker." 

Gently, Becca moves his hands into hers and gets his face to face hers. She was determined to talk some sense into him. "Sam, you can do this. Just because you're not like Artie doesn't mean you aren't capable of this. Even if it took you a little bit, you got to the answer, which was an amazing one mind you. And people will listen to you and vote for you since you are going to be a good VP. Tell that inner voice that if it doesn't stop insulting you, I'm going to beat it up."

Leaning forward, he rests his head on top of hers, pulling her in for a hug. Having her on his side, supporting him makes him feel like the luckiest guy in the world. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

Blaine's sitting back, letting the couple have their moment. Normally, they never make him feel like a third wheel but he knew when dealing with something like insecurities to just leave them be. However, he still felt a little sad... and frankly a little jealous. He was doing this entire presidency as a way to impress Kurt. But he didn't seem to care about what Blaine was doing back in Lima at all. Which is wrong because Kurt really does want to know what was happening at McKinley and what Blaine was up to, he was just distracted but how everything is new and exciting for the college kid and internship. As much as he wants to be pick up the phone and always answer him, he struggles to find the time to do just that. And when he does, he's just way to excited about his life and wants to share it with Blaine, forgetting that the other boy has things he wants to share with him too. Even though Blaine understands his boyfriend's excitement, it still hurt Blaine and made him feel like his boyfriend didn't care for him anymore. Even though this hurt was completely unintentional. 

After a few moments of wallowing in his own relationship worries and giving the couple a moment, he decided enough was enough and got Becca off of him so he could hug Sam. He wanted to make sure that not only did Sam know he was proud of him but that they were going to keep working.

But first, it was a break time. They decided to play the LEGO Harry Potter video game together (even though the max is two players). Sam went to set it up while Becca and Blaine cleaned up their mess. Said boy was the only person who noticed that the girl barely touched her food. Blaine was about to ask if she was okay but she was too quick with throwing everything away and shoving a control in his hand so that him and Sam can play first.