15. Girls (and Boys) on Film

"Wait you kissed Miss Pillsbury?" 

After Mr. Schue's unfortunate failure of a wedding, he was using his pain as his newest assignment for the club. "Everyone loves movies," he explains. "They don't just tell us stories, they transport us to other worlds. They're inspirational, they provide comfort, help us from our day to day anxieties."

"Like getting left at the altar?" Kitty asked, receiving some glances from the club for bringing that up. Becca, on the other hand, had to move her face into the blonde's shoulder to try not to burst out into laughter. Did she feel bad for him? Yes. But did she also believe it was his on fault and inaction that got that to happen? Also yes. 

Not liking that he was reminded of that sad fact, he changed it since it was his point. "Or in your guys' case, studying for exams or worrying about regionals. In any case, this week's assignment is that I want you to pick your favorite songs from your favorite movies."

Getting the same idea, the two cheerleaders look at each other. "Mamma Mia." Last time they had a sleepover, both Becca and Kitty spent the night singing along to the movie.

High fiving, Kitty couldn't help but break her cold shell. "We're so in sync."

"Yeah we are."

Continuing on, Mr. Schue explains that this will be a mash-up competition. Boys versus Girls since he couldn't come up with any other way to split up the group for anything. Raising her hand, Becca wanted to get one thing straight. "Unique will be on the girls team correct?"

"Yeah, Wade-"

"Unique."

Clearing his throat and not liking the death glare he's getting from his student, Mr. Schue corrects himself. "Unique will be on the girls team if that's what Unique wants."

"Good. Then there won't be any problems." Early in their friendship, Becca invited Unique over for a sleepover. The younger girl talked about how annoyed she was that everyone in her life kept on misgendering and using her deadname. She understood that not everyone got it, but it still annoyed her to no end.

So Becca offered up correcting everyone at least in Glee for her if that's what she wanted her too. And she did. Plus it didn't help that she still didn't like that Mr. Schue always paired Kurt up with the guys for these competitions. It's different for sure. But while he grew to love the guys and feel appreciated by them as time went down, it's still shitty to be forced to work with the people who bullied you mere weeks ago.

Moving the conversation along, Artie offered that anyone on the winning team a starring role in his 'micro budget feature'. That got everyone in the club hyped for their performances.

* * *