13.5 Color Me Mine (Bonus)

Today was Sam and Becca's not date. Nobody said what it was so it's not a date, but it's technically a date like event but it's not a date. Definitely not a date. No. Maybe? Who knows. But Sam met up with her outside of school. "So you ready to go?"

She nods. "Yep!" Becca replied, "I changed into my paint shirt. It's from my last Shakespeare show back in Cali. I may or may not have stolen this one."

Giving her an over dramatic gasp, he looks at her. "Wow, I can't believe I'm friends with a criminal."

She playfully rolls her eyes, "Hey I was like almost 14 and sad okay. Even if I didn't bond with anyone there, that company is the only thing I miss from California cause that's how I met Jay. If it wasn't for that, then the only thing I really miss is may grandparents and Disneyland."

Sam softens at that. He knew that she didn't have the best time in California but he didn't know the full story. "I thought everyone loved it there."

"I did." Becca said, "It's just, the people I knew made it suck. I only had one friend, Jay, before she moved to another country."

"That still doesn't make any sense," Sam tells her. "Are we talking about the same Becca Van der Berge? How could only one person see she's amazing? How could no one want to be your friend?"

Becca just shrugged, not really having an answer to that. "... The people I knew at school and unfortunately spent my time with I wouldn't call them friends... They were actually the complete opposite of what a friend should be..." Not letting Sam ask her anymore questions on this matter, she changed the subject to one about Sam's life in Tennessee.

"I mean, it was an all boys school." Sam states.

"Exciting, like Dalton?"

Sam has to laugh, "No, that's school is so intense. No, it was just all guys, kind of small. It was nice but McKinley's better."

Becca is confused. She knows McKinley is pretty nice but what about it so great. "Let me guess, all the girls."

Feeling bold, Sam looks at her. "Just you. You're here. So it's already so much better." That broke Becca. She had no idea how to respond.

Sam was currently kicking himself on the inside, hoping that he didn't just make her uncomfortable or anything like that. But after a couple of moments, Becca was finally able to find the words to say, even if it made her want to pass out, "Well you make McKinley better for me."

The two blushing dorks made it to their destination and went into the store. The owner told them they could take a seat anywhere. Finding a table by the window, the two dropped their stuff off before picking out a coaster for each for them to paint. Getting started on the design, both had one in mind for their own nerdy interests.

As time went on, Sam's attention was quickly brought from his coaster to watching the girl he likes concentrating hard on her design. Everything she does he finds to be cute. He wants to ask her out and wants to make this their first date and he wants to do the cheesy walk to her door and kiss her goodbye. He hopes if he did get the courage to ask her, she'd say yes.

Becca looks up from her coaster to see Sam having a dopey look on his face. "You good Sam?"

He immediately zones back in. "Yeah, yeah. I'm good."

"Okay! I just thought you zoned out for a second. I think I'm going to get some paint, you wanna come with?" The boy gets up, following her to the paint station. Getting all of the supplies, Becca glances at Sam. She meant it when she said McKinley was better with him being there. She loves all of her friends so much but there is just something about Sam that just, she likes. The girl refuses to let a man define her but she's just glad that hopefully he feels the same way about her that she feels towards him. In her mind, she wants to ask if what they are doing right now counts as a date, but her attempts at flirting makes her want to pass out. 

Getting back to their seat and starting to paint, an elderly couple walked in. They ended up chatting it up with the owner of the place and one detail that was shared shocked the teens. "75 years?" Becca said, "That's insane."

"But it's really cool." Sam counters. "I know I'd love to find someone and be with them for that long."

Becca couldn't help but agree, "I just, I don't know. I don't see anyone tolerating me for that long."

"I think I know someone who would." Sam told her without thinking. For the second time, she was rendered speechless. Both teens quickly went back to focusing on their coasters.

After talking a little bit more, they went to give the coasters to get put in the kiln. Sam tries to pay for both of the coasters as he's been taught by his parents how to treat another person, but then Becca tries to pay, having been taught this same exact lesson. The cashier laughs and ends up taking the money from Sam. He gave her a cheeky smile which glared back at him, demanding that she will pay for both of their food.

The pair left the pottery store and headed to a little mom and pop sandwich shop. As they were waiting in line, their hands kept brushing against each other before Becca told her inner anxiety to shut up as she reached to grab it. Sam glanced down, seeing the blush on her face. He gave her hand a squeeze and a kiss on the cheek.

Who really cares if they didn't say if this was a date or not. They were spending time together and that's all that matters. 

Author's Note: 

Another bonus chapter written! I really wanted to include this one as you get to see Becca and Sam's hanging out and going on a 'date'. I do have a couple more bonus chapters planned for season 2 so look out for those!

Up next is one of my favorite episodes of the entire show! I'm super excited for it and a lot happens so get ready. It'll be up sometime on Sunday! 

Thank you all for reading and stay safe out there!