08. Previously Unaired Christmas

December 2012

	It's Christmas time again and McKinley was buzzing with talk about the Christmas tree competition

It's Christmas time again and McKinley was buzzing with talk about the Christmas tree competition. Getting the club hyped, Mr. Schue (who was back from DC), wrote the phrase 'Green Christmas' across the whiteboard. "We're going green guys," he announces, getting cheers in response. The only complaint was from Unique who was adamant that she will not give up her hairspray. "Okay, you're fine Unique. This year's theme for the 50th annual McKinley classroom contest is... Green is good! Sam, Tina."

Moving away, the teacher beckons the two to come up front. Sam was more reluctant than Tina as he didn't want to take his arm off of Becca. But he did and she moved to hug Blaine from behind, listening to him speak. "Alright," Sam states, looking at his friends. "Well as seniors, Mr. Schue asked us to take over the decorating committee this year. So we're gonna need everyone's help in order to win this thing."

Tina then took charge, really needing this. "We will win because the first prize is an antique glass angel hand blown thousands of years ago. This holy ornament is said to have magical powers to bring good luck and possibly a boyfriend or Prom Queen dreams to whoever she oversees and that will be me."

"Don't we all get to share the prize?" Artie asks.

Not wanting to start Tina back up on her rant, Sam changes the subject. "We're going all natural this year. We're gonna get pine cones, LED lights."

"Are we getting those from the LED bush out back?" Kitty snarks.

"Didn't you know, you have to catch them with a net before they slither away," Becca jokes with her, getting a laugh out of the younger girl. 

But this was no laughing matter to Tina. "This kind of infight that will make us lose and I'm not gonna stand for it. Guys, this is serious. Cancel your plans for the entire month. I don't want to hear about any of you caroling in nursing homes or feeding the homeless or giving toys to tots. Every waking thought will be spent figuring out how to win me that stupid angel. Got it?"

The room fell silent, only broken by the timer on Becca's phone going off reminding her to leave. "Oh um that's me... I... I gotta go."

While Becca was grabbing her things, Tina tried to stop her. "No, no, no. Rebecca. Sit. We need your artistic expertise to win this. You're not going anywhere."

Slowly making her way towards the door, she gives Sam a kiss on the cheek. "Text me. I'm sorry but I have a flight to catch."

Tina tries to follow her but Blaine and Sam stop her. "Run babe," Sam calls out.

"We got her," Blaine tells her.

"Love you guys! Have fun!" Waving goodbye to the club and books it to the airport, ready to start her Christmas break early.

* * *