21. Wonder-ful

Promising New York 

"It just feels like my entire life

"It just feels like my entire life... was a lie" Becca declares to Kitty as the two talk by her locker.

"It's just one song," Kitty laughs.

"Do you know how long I've wanted to do a Disney song in that club and now that I have the perfect chance to sing one with "True to Your Heart" from Mulan, I learn Stevie Wonder didn't even write the damn thing! He was only featured on it." The blonde did not see the issue with this as Becca could still perform the song. "The thing is, I'm not Rachel Berry so I can't get away with singing a song during the wrong week like she did singing the best Paramore song during Brittney week. Mr. Schue will find a way to punish me for 'not listening to the lesson'."

"Tell me how you really feel."

And Becca does. Explaining how she thinks Mr. Schue hated her even before she started calling him out on his not so stellar teaching moments. It would make sense if his hatred  of her happened prior but she thinks that he wasn't her biggest fan for a while. How she feels like she's done something to offend him that led him to have a vendetta/ hatred against her. She doesn't know if it's all in her head or what. 

Every time she offers up an idea of 'Disney' or 'Abba' or just a general week dedicated to Rock music, she's shot down. But Blaine has suggested a 'Disney' week to him and wasn't shot down. Marley suggested an 'Abba' week and wasn't shot down. Finn suggested a 'rock music' week and wasn't shut down. But Becca was. Every. Single. Time. While the others were given an 'I'll think about it' and 'that's a good idea' and 'we just might make it work', she was always told 'no' and 'that would get in the way of rehearsing for the competition' and 'we can't do a week for just one person'. 

She never knows where she stands with her teacher on a given week. He does some good things for her- recommended her for a paid tech job and checked up on her after the shooting and gave her a warning that Finn was back at the beginning of the year.

Becca knows she's not Mr. Schue's favorite and she's glad about that. She doesn't care if a teacher likes her. But it's extremely frustrating to know if he's looking for a reason to kick her out or if this hatred is all in her head. She's tried talking to her therapist about it but hasn't gotten far. Resting her head on her friend's shoulder, she sighs. "I'm sorry for bitching to you." 

"Please keep bitching," she tells her. "Look, I can't tell you if it's all in your head since I still don't know him that well as a teacher. But are you still going to help me with my performance since I know your just as in shock of how Artie is acting? He's acting all sad because he claimed that even though he got into his dream school, he doesn't want to go."

"Which is total bull," Becca remarks. "He's done research so it's not like it's not accessible to him. He wouldn't shut up about that school for the past four years. If I got into NYU, I'd go there in a heartbeat."