04. The Break Up

"I'm sorry" 

Going long distance was a lot more difficult than was initially thought to be

Going long distance was a lot more difficult than was initially thought to be. Both Blaine and Brittany didn't know if it was because they were still in high school while their partners were off in college. Or if it was that they wanted to spend more time together than they were able to. But you could feel the sadness radiating off of that table. And it hurt. 

Both Sam and Becca spend there lunch taking glances at them, both lost in thought. Sam was thinking about how if they ended up trying long distance if that would've been then, all sad and depressed. The selfish part of him wanted to just be with her and didn't care about the distance, but the realistic part of him didn't want to hurt her. He hopes it would've been different with them but he can't say for sure.

Becca on the other hand, had something to ask Sam but was really struggling to get it out. She didn't want to ask this but see her friends hurt is hurting her and getting her to think about all the things that other people have been telling her. "Do you... Are you... Will you..." Taking a deep breath she asks the question that really scares her. 

"Are you planning on breaking up with me?" 

Dropping his fork, Sam looks over in shock. "No. What makes you think that?" 

Turning deep red, Becca focuses on her food, moving it around. "Just seeing everyone sad about their relationships got to me... I don't want to break up with you... Just if you want to, you can... Just please do it sooner rather than later."

"I don't want to break up with you Becks," Sam tells her putting his arm around her and pulling her into him.  "At all... I love you so much and don't tell Blaine or Mike but you're kind of my favorite person in the world. So sorry but you're stuck with me... Is something going on that you're not telling me?" 

She shook her head. "Nope... Everything's okay." 

Normally, Sam would believe that everything was okay since Becca was honest with him. She would tell him if something was going on in her life, usually only positive things, but also the bad. He knows she still keeps things from him. Like last year. He knew that there was more that upset her that wasn't just from her grandfathering passing and her new medication. He could tell something else happened, but she didn't want to tell him whatever it was. 

Unlike before, he had no clue what was going on with her. He's tried asking some of there other friend's to let him know if she tells them something. He's hoping that she's just upset with all the break up talk and still dealing with Finn going  MIA on her.

How he hoped it was just that.

* * *