12. The Spanish Teacher

... All I Got to do is Face My Fears 

 All I Got to do is Face My Fears 

Mr. Schue decided it was a good idea to perform 'La Cucaracha' in stereotypical Mariachi outfits on Taco Tuesday for his Spanish class. Despite Spanish not being her language, Becca somehow stumbled upon this train wreck when she had to deliver something to him from her English teacher. She couldn't help but watch in horror since even as a white person, she was very uncomfortable watching this go down.

Thankfully, Santana was just as uncomfortable with what was happening and had the same look of horror on her face. The two met up once the bell rang. "Please tell me you saw that offensive train wreck of a performance in Mr. Schue's?" Santana asks her as they walk down the hall.

"Unfortunately," Becca complains. "I might be whiter than a sheet of paper, but I found so much wrong with it. Does he even know anything about Spanish?"

Looking back on everything that he's taught and done in his classes, the answer was a resounding no. Which was very concerning about how he got the job in the first place. "It's really obvious. He sings the offensive version of that song on Taco Tuesday while they all wear Dollar Tree costumes of my culture. You speak better Spanish than him."

She scrunches her face up in confusion, "But you've only taught me how to cuss someone out."

"Exactly."

She reminds her friend that even though she's white, she knows how to respect someone's culture and is trying to be better. Which was why the two were planning on filing a complaint on him. While Santana is the main person fighting, Becca was there as a second witness so Figgins can't be like 'well only one person complained so we can't do anything about it'.

However, as they were walking down the hall, Santana spotted something that confused her. "Why does Trouty look like a kicked puppy?"

When Becca didn't say anything, Santana knew something was up. Santana grabbed her fellow Cheerios hand and dragged her into the nearest classroom, scaring some freshman out of there. Becca just sat on the closest desk, focused on the floor.

"Now what the hell happened?"

A couple seconds pass before Becca speaks up, "I thought I could tell him... I thought I could tell Sam how I felt but I just ran out of there... I couldn't do it... I can't tell him... I'm just too much of a coward... God I'm such a bitch." Tears pricked in her eyes, not wanting to make such a big deal out of this. But she can't help it. She really cares about Sam. 

Santana just quietly sat next to her, pulling her close. She knew how much of a struggle it was to get Becca to admit her feelings and while she doesn't understand fully her issue with it. She was going to be there for her. "It's going to be okay..."

* * *