11. City of Angels

She's So Gone

The New Directions were mere hours away from catching a flight to the sunny West Coast

The New Directions were mere hours away from catching a flight to the sunny West Coast. Before they went, Mr. Schue needed to talk to Sam. It was crucial for the success of the club in order for them to be on the same page. 

As soon as he arrived, Sam took a seat despite not understanding why Mr. Schue wanted him. "Look, I wanted to let you know that even though I've kind of checked out of school since I'm not going to college, I'm totally committed to Glee club. It's not just because Becca loves it so much. You know, I've had Artie and Blaine teach me the rights and lefts of the choreography and I know Becca and Kitty were able to recruit two actually nice Cheerios to get us to 12."

"You don't have to prove yourself to me Sam," the teacher assures his student. He takes a moment before continuing. "Finn transformed this club when he joined. He wasn't just the male lead, he was captain of the football team. He was the coolest kid in school. I mean, a real dude you know. He was our secret weapon at those competitions. Yeah, other schools might have had their version of a Rachel or a Kurt, but no one had a Finn."

"He really made it seem pretty cool," Sam reminisces. Becca did too but he really helped sell it.

"And when he recruited you," Mr. Schue continued. "He wasn't just looking for another voice in here or rumor had it a partner for Becca, he was looking for someone to take his place after he graduated."

"But I thought that was Becca," Sam states, not wanting to go back to them being at each other's throats again. He thought that everything was good. "She's the new Finn."

And Becca was exactly why Mr. Schue called Sam in there. "She is and I'm not going to discount all the hard work she's done for the club. She's a good leader..." 

Continuing on, Mr. Schue had no idea how to word everything. He was worried about Becca and how she's been acting the past couple of days. She's completely shut down and snapping at everything. Snapping at him, he was used too... That happening to everyone else was concerning. "I don't know much about her past in California but what I can place together, she wasn't surrounded by good people. You and I both know that LA is close enough to where she was from and this is the most stressed I've seen her before a competition before... I need to know that if something happens and she's unable to lead everyone for whatever the reason may be, I need to know that you will step up and help. Everyone in that room wants to see you be that guy like how Finn was to them. I know she does too."

Patting him on the back, the two made their way in the room where Burt and Carole were there to join them as chaperones. Sam immediately goes to Becca who was looking around the room. Her leg was bouncing without stopping and she was picking at the nail polish on her nails. "Hey baby," he states, kissing her on the forehead. 

"Hi," she replied, fake a smile. "Excited to go to LA?" 

"Did you get any sleep?" 

Dropping the act, she looked down at her hands. "No... I just don't want to see them but especially not her."