03. Acafellas

"Why do you do that?" 

With the New Directions three newest members, the group was trying to get down the basic choreography that Mr

With the New Directions three newest members, the group was trying to get down the basic choreography that Mr. Schue was trying to teach. Rachel decided that this wasn't working and told him to stop. "You don't have to ask me every time for permission to go to the bathroom, Rachel." MR. Schue said with a laugh, "You can just go."

"It's not my bladder." Rachel clarifies. "It's the choreography."

Turning to look at her, Mr. Schue's confused. "Okay, what's wrong with it?"

"We can't compete with Vocal Adrenaline with these steps. You're a great vocal coach, Mr. Schue, but you're not a trained choreographer. That's what we need to be the best." Going up to him, she tells him the one person who could help them. "We need Dakota Stanley."

"Whose Dakota Stanley?" the show choir teacher questions. 

"He's the best show choir choreographer in the Midwest." Quinn informs him. "He works with Vocal Adrenaline."

"And you can't win Regionals without him." Santana added. "He even understudied the Candelabra in Beauty and the Beast on Broadway."

Mr. Schue brushes them off, not wanting to hear about someone being better than him. "Just because he understudied doesn't mean he ever performed."

Becca turns to Kurt in confusion. "I thought understudies were usually in the Ensemble as well?"

"Which means he's performed." Kurt agrees.

Trying to get a rise out of him, Quinn goes up to her teacher. "Did you ever perform, Mr. Schuester? After high school. Did you even try?" Before he could even respond, the bell rang. The group started packing up to leave as Becca went over to Kurt.

"Are you sure I can't paint your nails?" the girl quietly asks her friend. 

"As much as I want too," Kurt said, "I can't. I don't want my dad to see it. He still doesn't, you know, know."

"Well," Becca starts, putting a hand on his shoulder, "Next time you come over, we can and I'll take it off right before you leave with acetone so he won't know the difference."

"I'll consider." Kurt said, lacing his arm with hers. "If you let me style you with some pieces that I found at a thrift store that I think you'll look amazing in."

"If I can pay you back." Becca finished, booping him on the nose as they walked out. Neither notice the concerned glances of two of their friends and one that looks almost jealous.

* * *