01. Pilot

"I was hoping we could sing together?"

New year, new school. Ohio was the exact opposite of California, but for one native Californian, she's adjusted to life at her new school surprisingly well. Becca Van der Berge was driven to school by her mom, who was anxiously waiting for the girl to get out of the car so she could head off to work.

"So here we are..." her mom, Cathy states, looking around. "I get that you're still anxious, sweetie but everything is going to be okay." She gently puts her arm on her shoulder.

Snapping out of it, Becca turns to her mom. "I know. Sorry, I was just watching something." She takes her seat belt off and starts to get out of the car. "Thanks mom!"

Despite wanting her gone, her mom was not done talking to her. "Text me when you want me to pick you up."

She gives her mother a smile. "Okay, mom I will. Probably when school ends at 2."

"Okay sweetie and remember to take your meds at-"

"At noon because it's 9 in California." she says, cutting her off with a laugh. "Yes mom, I know. I know I need to start taking them sooner so I can take it before I even get to school."

Her mom gives her a smile. "I know, I just need to do the mom thing. Have a great day! Love you!"

"Love you too." Becca finally closes the door as her mom drives off. Becca turns to look at her school and goes over to the scene that was distracting her. It was a boy being surrounded by a bunch of jocks- some that she recognized from her math class. She was able to notice the fear in the one boy's eyes as he looked at a teacher walking by, silently begging him or anyone to help him. Becca wants too. She doesn't want someone to go through something like this, but her anxiety surrounding confrontation is stopping her. So she stays, watching, fighting with herself to help this kid until the jocks end up throwing him in the dumpster, laughing as they walk away. But one stood out to her who at least put the boy's jacket and bag down on the ground before heading off. Finally working up the courage, she ran over to the boy.

"Do you need any help?" she asks, before swiftly correcting herself. "I'm an idiot of course you do. That's a stupid question. I'm sorry. Here-" she holds out her hand towards him, "let me help you out." She takes his hands and helps get him out of the dumpster despite how embarrassed the kid was. Becca was brushing off anything that landed on him. "Are you okay? Is anything broken?"

"I'm fine." the boy responded, brushing himself off. "Why do you care?"

"I mean who wouldn't. That teacher should have stopped them. I mean, I should've too but I'm really sorry I didn't. I was fighting with myself the entire time." She picks the guys stuff up and hands it to him. "No one deserves to get bullied outside of like politicians and billionaires. But um, I like your jacket."

Giving the girl a small smile, "It's from Marc Jacobs newest collection."

She has no clue who that person is. "Who?"