12. Mattress

" You're kind of like my best friend." 

It was picture day for the clubs and nobody in the New Directions were excited for it

It was picture day for the clubs and nobody in the New Directions were excited for it. Walking into the choir room carrying a bunch of old Thunderclaps, Kurt and Becca laid them out on the piano. Scanning the room for her friend who would be extremely against what they were about to pose, she breathes a sigh of the week. "Perfect, Rachel's not here yet."

Turning to Kur to start, he makes sure he has the attention of all the New Directions. "Glee Club stands on a delicate precipice. We have all felt the cold humiliation of a slushie in the face. But as of right now, our relative anonymity as a club shields us from more severe persecution, swirlies and patriotic wedgies."

Becca looks at the group, "I still don't understand why we're getting yearbooks mid year and can someone explain to me what exactly a patriotic wedgie is?"

Reluctantly Finn answers her, "It's when they hoist you up the flagpole by your undies."

Artie looks around at the group, having his own thoughts on the matter before Kurt turns the conversation back to the photos. "Based on our investigation, we are both of the opinion that a yearbook photo would only fuel the flames of anti-Glee Club terror. We've done a little library research."

Holding up a Thunderclap, Becca shows the defaced page of the Glee club, "Peter Gella. Glee Club second tenor, 1998. He can be seen with a crudely drawn on Hitler mustache and a rice paddy hat. Shortly after this yearbook came out, Mr. Gella had a nervous breakdown. It is unknown if this was the sole cause, but we can assume. According to Kurt, he is now the homeless man who sleeps in front of the public library and growls at my mother most days when she walks into work."

"Patches?" Quinn asks before Kurt confirms her fears. Brittany turns to Becca saying that he does the same thing to her mom as well.

Getting out another piece of evidence, Becca holds up another yearbook while Kurt speaks. "Tawny Peterson. Glee Club class of 2000. Seen here in her photo with a cartoon knife stuck in her head, in a macabre tableau that in four years, would prove eerily prescient." Becca closes the yearbook as Kurt continues on, "I think we both speak for all of when we say that not having to pose for a yearbook photo might be a blessing in disguise."

"We are suggesting not fighting Figgins' ruling." Becca tells the group, "Hopefully Mr. Schue will see these and respect our decision of not feeling safe to pose for one. Cause if this how the Glee Club's picture was treated before, there was a chance that it was way worse back in his day." Much to their dismay, Mr. Schue walks in. Taking one glance at the Thunderclap, he becomes more determined to get a photo of the club in the book. All while ignoring the graffiti and concerned glances of his students. 

* * *