18. The Back Up Plan

Kitty Wilde hated high school. 

That was an understatement. 

Kitty Wilde fucking hated high school. 

At the beginning of the year, she was looking forward to the next two years of her life because she had people. She had actual, genuine people who liked spending time with her despite her 'flaws'. It was supposed to be her, Unique, Ryder, Jake, and Marley taking on the rest of high school together.

They ate lunch together and hung out after their respective clubs. Just because Glee Club was over didn't mean their friendship was over.

But one by one, everyone left McKinley under very suspicious circumstances.

Unique was the first to go. 

Vocal Adrenaline got in contact with her to perform since Mr. Schue was struggling to find his star performer. Plus it was perfect since the school (being the rich academy it was) offered to help her start her on HRT for her transition as a selling point. As much as the group didn't want to lose her, the prospect of her doing something for her health was a no brainer to support.

Four.

Ryder was next. 

His parents were mysteriously sent pamphlets to a school that had programs that could actually help him with his dyslexia. His parents wanted what was best for him and moved states soon after Unique left. They all had a mini goodbye party for him before the move.

Three.

Jake followed soon after. 

His mom started seeing a new guy who was a thousand times better than his biological father. Jake liked him and not just because his mom did. But once his house flooded, damaging some not so important things, he and his mom moved in with her boyfriend. The issue was that he'd have to commit two hours to McKinley if he stayed. It was a difficult break-up for Marley but Kitty helped her through it.

Two.

Marley was the final person to leave. 

Her mom got a surprising job offer from a school out of state that not only pays her better but provides better benefits. Immediately, she took it off, dreaming of a better, easier life for her daughter. Kitty wanted to beg and plead with her to stay, but she cares for her friend. She knew this was the best decision for her.

One.

For another year, Kitty Wilde was alone. 

She had no one she could go to for help. Or for their opinions. Or to talk to... All she was stuck with was fake people. Fake people who just wanted to use her popularity to their advantage to get them further.

What hurt more was when she found out it was Sue who was transferring all the Glee kids. 

Kitty was supposed to go next but for some reason, Sue thought that the blonde needed to stay that she was champion. She was 'worthy of being her head bitch'. 

What hurt Kitty most was when she saw where Sue was going to send her since it's what Kitty has been wanting. There, ripped up in the trash can, was an acceptance letter to a cheerleading program.

In New York City. 

Right by NYADA.

She was so close to her prayers to be answered... But they taken from her. 

As much as she wanted to slack off and just let Sue kick her out, Kitty pushed through it. Acting happy and trying her best on the team. Counting down the days until she hopefully can move to New York to be with her real friends... As long as they still saw her as close as she saw them.