→ chapter fifty six

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

the next day chaerin chang felt as if she was on cloud nine, she now had her two favourite boys in her life again and she found that she was no longer questioning fred's feelings for her. if yesterday had taught chae anything, it was that fred was in love with her just as much as she was in love with him.

their classes had ended and the two of them were sat outside underneath a tree, chae was studying as fred rested his head in her lap. the april air was slightly warm as it blew gently against their faces.

the redhead boy reached his hand up to grab chae's, she looked at him in confusion whilst he chucked her pencil but the boy only smiled at her.

"i have something to ask you" he said, a small smirk on his lips.

"ask me then dummy" chae replied.

fred sat up and turned to face the girl, the serious look on his face made chae's insides swarm with nerves, was he going to tell her something bad?

"will you be my girlfriend?" fred blurted.

chae choked on the air, her eyes widening in surprise at the bluntness in the boy's question. she definitely hadn't been expecting that. fred eyed her worriedly, inwardly panicking whilst watching the brunette try to stutter out a reply. was she going to turn him down? no of course not, she told him she loved him yesterday.

"yes fred! yes i will!" chae finally said, making fred let out a sigh of relief.

"bloody hell, took you long enough to reply i thought you were gonna say no and leave me looking like a prat" said the boy.

chae's laughter filled the atmosphere and fred couldn't help but admire the way her eyes turned into crescent moons, the way her head fell backwards causing her hair to swish to the side, the way her lips parted as the laughter escaped her mouth. there was no other way to describe chaerin; she was stunning.

a while later, the two of them made their way to the room of requirement for the DA meeting, chae couldn't help the smile that didn't leave her face. the moment she stepped through the door she ran over to Hermione, their bodie's colliding together due to chae pulling the fifth year into a hug.

hermione laughed in surprise but hugged the girl back tightly.

"what's got you so happy?" she asked.

"oh hermione! he asked me out!" chae squealed, catching the attention of others nearby which caused them to look over at the girl's and chae stood awkwardly.

"yeah um, just ignore that, got a bit too excited, i was only meant to tell mione" said chae, a blush now spreading onto her features.

the others in the room laughed gently at her before going back to what they were doing previously.

"chaerin that's brilliant!" hermione said, but chae glared at her playfully.

"don't call me chaerin!" she whined, but hermione shook her head, smiling at the girl. harry began to address the DA and everybody paid him their full attention.

chae's excitement bubbled even further, threatening to flood throughout her body when she found out they would finally be learning how to produce a patronus.

chae partnered up with her sister, the two of them pulling their wands out, focusing on what harry was saying as he walked around the room.

"make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember, allow it to feel you up!" he directed.

the girl was astonished whilst she watched her fellow students patronuses, hermione's was an otter and luna's was a rabbit.

"george your turn now" said harry, george who was stood back to back with his twin raised his wand as he spoke the incantation and a silvery magpie appeared.

"a full body patronus is the most difficult to produce, but shield forms can be as equally useful against a variety of opponents, just remember your patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused, so focus!" harry informed.

chae laughed gently, watching with wide eyes whilst ron's dog patronus wiped neville out from behind, she quickly ran to help him up and he thanked her.

"this is really advanced stuff guys, well done!" harry encouraged.

chae turned back to cho to see that her patronus was a beautifully elegant looking swan.

the brunette decided it was her time to try and she focused on a happy memory, she focused on her birthday where she and cho had ended up covered in cream from the cake, their mother and father watching the two of them, pulling them into a great big hug. laughter flowed throughout the chang household whilst the family of four collapse onto the floor holding one another, the cream from chae's birthday cake covering them all.

"expecto patronum" said chae gently, raising her wand to see the blue silver mist extending from it in the shape that her animagus form was. chae's patronus was a nebelung cat, which caused a big smile to form on the girl's face.

however, the smile quickly disappeared when the room began to shake, causing the students to edge closer to one another, all of them startled. chae reached for fred's hand which he held securely.

the students stared in surprise and worry when harsh bangs rang through the atmosphere, they huddled together like penguins for safety.

catastrophic bangs caused the entire room to shake, harry and nigel were by the door, staring ahead of them. chae reached for her younger sister when the glass hiding the door shattered, the twins raised their wands.

harry and nigel walked closer to the hole that had formed in the wall, the face leering back at them was none other than dolores umbridge, a smug smile on her face as her wand pointed at the bricks.

"i'll make short work of this, bombarda maxima"

the moment harry realised what she was going to do, he grabbed nigel and ran for cover. fred quickly wrapped his arms around chae, who had hold of her sister, in hopes to shield them both from the huge explosion that shook through the room.

the DA members stood, shocked and panicked whilst debri and ashes coated their school uniforms. now facing them was professor umbridge, filch and her silly inquisitorial squad.

chae and cho turned to look at each other, their eyes wide open when they saw draco malfoy holding their cousin sora by her robes. out of everyone to snitch, it had been sora song.

"get them" umbridge ordered, causing the whole DA to run, hoping that they would be able to escape from the nasty woman.