→ chapter eighty one

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Rows of tiny, flickering balls of light shone brightly above the small apartment that Sora Song lived in. All was quiet outside, if it weren't for the crickets chirping quietly you'd think it was a ghost town. However, it wasn't. The world was simply asleep, resting its head for the night so that the small people creating their lives could sleep peacefully. 

In the living room of Sora's house, Chaerin Chang slept silently on the sofa underneath a mass of blankets with her arm tucked beneath her head. The young Ravenclaw was dreaming, dreaming about everything that could be and everything that could not be. Whether her brain was thinking about a certain redhead or a sweet chocolate dessert, it was obvious she was dreaming. 

Her petite chest lifted and fell with every breath that slipped past her lips, the tv played quietly in the background, the show she was watching when she fell asleep was still on but it did not stir her slumber. 

But suddenly, the young woman shot up from her makeshift bed, panting heavily as if she had just ran two marathons, and beads of sweat were beginning to form on her ivory skin. The image that her brain had surprised her with was haunting her, she couldn't shake the awful image from her mind.

For she had seen, Albus Dumbledore's body lying stone-cold dead on the ground beneath the astronomy tower. 

Her mind was filled with questions. Was it a vision? Or was it simply a horrible nightmare? She hoped it was the latter.

Her dark hair stuck up in many places, she combed her dainty fingers through the strands in hopes to give her peace of mind but it did not cease her thoughts. The image was burned onto her eyelids, she could not rest again if that was what was waiting for her. 

For a moment, she sat still, the blankets covering her small legs. Chae was frozen with fear, how could Dumbledore possibly end up dead? It didn't seem right, the world didn't seem right. Something felt different, but Chae couldn't put her finger on what was different. 

All she could remember were the lifeless blue eyes staring back at her, the glint of light no longer visible beneath the half-moon spectacles. His body was cold, so cold that she could still feel a trace of it on her fingertips. She remembered Harry's sobs racking his body, his tears falling onto the dead body of Albus Dumbledore.

It had to have been a dream, there was no way Dumbledore could die. It just wasn't logically possible in Chae's mind. He wouldn't die. 

A sinking feeling was beginning to settle into Chaerin's stomach, making her feel queasy and before she knew it, small teardrops were leaving her soft brown eyes. She watched as they splattered onto the cotton blanket beneath her, if Dumbledore wasn't going to die why was she crying?

Why could she already feel her heart breaking? Why is it she was afraid of going back to sleep and waking up to the news that the old man had passed away?

She shook her head quickly. She was just being silly and irrational, Dumbledore was probably in his study well alive and pacing it as he usually would. Hogwarts was safe, Dumbledore was safe and he would live. 

But there was a nagging in the back of her mind that made her head thump with pain, there was something telling her that this was not a dream, nor was it a terrible nightmare. It was a vision of the future, Dumbledore would in fact die.

Now she had to carry the burden of knowing that such an unfortunate event was going to happen and she had a dreadful feeling that his death was near.

Chaerin knew the laws of time and she knew full well that there was nothing she could do, she could not change the future. She could not erase someone's death. It was bound to happen and she would have to sit and watch.

a/n~ hi hello! i apologise that this chapter is shorter than any chapter i've ever written, but it is just a filler for what is going to come soon. i hope you enjoyed ! please remember to vote and comment, it is always appreciated. also, i'd like to say a massive thank you for 36K reads, that's a number i'd never even imagined i'd reach. i'd also like to thank the reader that included goodnight n go in their tik tok, i apologise that i do not know your name or account but thank you very much, it made my easter! have a wonderful tuesday loves <3