→ chapter seventy one

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Within the last hour, Chae had eaten her entire body weight in sushi rolls and she was so bloated that the temptation to unbutton her black jeans was starting to look like a good idea. She let out a sigh, leaning back into the comfy leather of her chair whilst her eyes focused on the empty plate in front of her.

"I told you that you shouldn't have eaten that many!" Sora exaggerated, taking a sip of her drink.

"It's not my fault they tasted good, now how does dessert sound?" Chae shrugged and Sora froze momentarily, staring at the woman in front of her with wide eyes.

"You seriously have room for dessert?" said Sora, evidently in shock.

"Of course I have room for dessert! What kind of person doesn't have room for dessert?!" Chae gasped in fake horror and Sora emitted a loud laugh.

Chae's eyes scanned the dessert menu eagerly, not knowing whether to choose the fudge brownies with chocolate sauce and ice cream or the apple crumble. It seemed like an impossible decision.

Her brown eyes flickered up to ask for Sora's opinion, but her breath caught in her throat when they landed on something that wasn't her cousin's face. For a moment she thought it was a trick of the light or maybe her eyes were deceiving her.

The familiar face of the man who had raised her fell into her eyesight and her heart began to thump rapidly against her ribcage as if it were about to burst out.

There was no way Oscar Chang was sitting in front of them.

Chae's bottom lip jutted out when she saw he was accompanied by a woman and a small child. Within an instant, her heart felt as if it had been ripped from her chest. The unbearable pain of missing her father had overwhelmed her in an instant and confusion caused her head to swarm in a frenzy.

The woman next to her father looked to be around his age, she had short blonde hair that fell against her shoulders and prominent blue eyes with a thin nose bridge and small round lips. In all fairness, she was quite pretty.

Chae guessed that the small child accompanying them was the woman's daughter considering she looked a lot like her mother but her hair was dark, in fact, it was a close match to Chae's own hair colour. Chae's narrowed eyes scanned the daughter, slowly noticing more features that confirmed Chae's suspicions.

The girl's eyes were in fact the same shade of brown that Oscar Chang had passed onto his daughters Cho and Chae.

A sickening feeling shook Chaerin's body when her shoulders slumped and she suddenly felt the urge to vomit. The whole situation had truly knocked the life out of her.

"Chae? Are you okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost," said Sora, waving her hand in front of Chae's face which earned no response so she turned to where Chae was looking, her lips parting in surprise. "Oh, Chae."

"Can we go? Suddenly I'm not in the mood for dessert," Chae sighed, gathering her things together and standing up.

Sora nodded her head understandingly and began to grab her things. When the two of them were ready to leave, Chae placed the muggle money onto the table with a tip for the waiter.

Suddenly, she felt a tug on her jeans and she looked down to see the small child staring up at her with curious eyes. Sora stood nervously and Chae pushed a smile on her face, even though she was evidently upset.

"Exchuse me mwiss, do you have any napkins?" the small child asked cutely and Chae nodded her head, handing her the fresh napkins from the table they were just sat at. The girl smiled brightly and thanked Chae before walking back to her parents.

Chae couldn't bring herself to look so instead she rushed out of the restaurant, wrapping her arms around herself as Sora tried to catch up to her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Sora asked gently. Chae shook her head, trying her hardest not to let the tears fall from her eyes.

She felt betrayed, someone had been lying to her. Whether it be her mother or her father or even both of them. They had lied to her, something that Chae knew happened often but a lie as big as this one? It was uncalled for and she would not let it go unnoticed.

A lie was something so sickly sweet that it didn't take long for somebody to get caught up in one, lying once soon spirals into one big deceitful act. Something that could not be undone, it was a sin that many people had fallen into whether it had been lying to themself or others around them. Being caught up in a lie was pure bliss until the fractures of the reality started to seep through, dismantling the fake reality.

Alice Chang had been caught in a lie.

♡♡♡

When Chae and Sora arrived at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes Chae walked straight in, she was early for her shift so she rushed past everyone and into the back room, ignoring Fred's greetings as her eyes pricked with tears.

"What happened?" Fred asked, turning to Sora who was stood by the punching telescopes.

Sora let out a sigh, shaking her head causing her red locks to fall off her shoulders, cascading down her back.

"She saw her father," said Sora, an unpleasant look on her face as if she'd just ripped off a plaster.

"What do you mean?" Fred questioned, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm not kidding, she saw her father when we went to get lunch and he was with another woman and child."

Fred said nothing and hurried off to find his girlfriend, leaving Sora stood on her own at the front of the shop. Soft cries could be heard as Fred's hand grazed the door handle that led to the backroom, he opened it and Chae jumped in surprise, wiping her eyes quickly.

Fred had never seen her so upset, part of him didn't exactly know what to do or say but he couldn't let her down so instead, he didn't say anything. He walked over to the small woman and wrapped his strong arms around her, stroking her head gently when her tears began to fall again, soaking the material of his tuxedo but it wasn't as if he cared.

"Shh, it's okay love. I've got you, you're okay," comforted Fred.

"They lied to me Fred! I've just seen my father out with an entirely new family, one that he couldn't have made in the two years he's been gone!" Chae sobbed, her body shaking with every cry.

"Chae listen, you can't jump to conclusions, maybe your mum had a reason for not telling you the truth," he responded, looking down at her.

"No! It hurts! They lied to me and if I had known the truth back then I wouldn't be so upset about seeing my father with his new happy family," Chae shook her head. "To him, I'm just another randomer in a sea of strangers but to me, he's my dad!"

Fred nodded his head, listening intently to Chae.

"My mum can't just lie to me and expect me to be okay with it! It's not fair, this whole situation could've been avoided if she had just told me the truth in the first place. I'm going to talk to her, after work I'm going to go straight round there!"

"I think you should maybe wait till tomorrow, give yourself more time to calm down," Fred tried, instantly realising his mistake when Chae glared up at him, but she didn't move from his embrace.

"Do not tell me to calm down Fredrick Weasley or I swear I will shove my foot so far up your arse you'll never be able to walk again."

"Well okay then. See her tonight if you think that's the best thing to do," Fred smiled, choosing to not respond to Chae's threat.

"I will, I want answers and I'm going to get answers," Chae concluded.

a/n~ thank you for reading !! please don't be a silent reader! also thank you so much for 26k !! it's readers like you that truly make this story <3