→ chapter fifty nine

a/n~ hi loveys, i hope you're having a nice evening. i just wanted to give a notice that updates may be a little slow considering i have ran out of pre written drafts and my online classes start again tomorrow. however, england is possibly looking at another lockdown so i want to remind you all to please stay safe, stay home when possible and if you have to go out, wear your mask. remember to wash your hands! <3

 remember to wash your hands! <3

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

her hands felt clammy, her chest was heaving up and down whilst she tried to catch her breath. chae's body felt like it had just been lifted from a boiling pot, her vision was blurred due to the panic of the previous event. the brain inside her head tried to decipher whether the vision was indeed a vision or if it was just a dream.

but dreams did not feel like that, in fact dreams felt a lot nicer. in a dream, you could imagine yourself in the happiest situation in your life, anything was possible, in chae's dreams she could eat at least fifteen whole chocolate cakes in one sitting. this sadly wasn't true in real life, chae could only stomach one whole cake.

fred and george's eyes were set on the girl, waiting for her to say something but her throat felt too dry and hoarse to even manage a whisper.

"water" she croaked, george frantically nodded his head, reaching over to his bedside table to grab the bottle of unopened water.

the girl nodded in thanks and tore the cap off, pouring nearly the whole bottle down her throat. her throat felt like the saharah desert. when she had finished drinking, chae exhaled and pulled her into a ponytail.

anticipation was eating at the twins, but still they said nothing and waited until chae was ready to talk.

"i don't think it was a dream, if i were going to dream about any older male it would most definitely be remus lupin, not a bunch of smelly death eaters" the girl joked, hoping to loosen the tension in the air and it seemed to work as the twins laughed along with her.

"so are you going to spill or are fred and i going to have to pry the information out of you?" asked george, his eyebrow raised at her and chae nodded her head before she began to reply.

"well, we were in a really unfamiliar room, it didn't look to be anywhere in hogwarts, there was a group of us, harry, myself, ron, hermione, neville, ginny and luna. we'd fallen into a room and harry was holding a crystal ball, i think it was a prophecy"

"harry said he could hear voices, and hermione suggested we leave which seemed like a better option but then a bunch of death eaters swarmed in and attacked us before lucius malfoy strolled in and said we couldn't beat them"

fred and george stared at the girl, doing nothing but blinking and chae thought they had suddenly turned mute. however, fred responded first.

"so you're telling us, that in the future, harry's going to go round the bend?" fred suggested.

"well that doesn't surprise me, people think he's crazy anyway" said george.

chae gave them both a pointed look and let out a sigh "did you completely miss the whole death eater attack?"

"oh, no, we noticed that too" said fred.

"just didn't seem as important as harry going loopy" said george, causing them all to laugh.

easter came around the corner quickly, chaerin was stressing about her n.e.w.t's when cho walked into their dormitory to see chae, with her head poking out of a pile of books. the brunette held a quill in her hand as she wrote frantically on the parchment.

"mum sent these for us, there's two from sirius as well, you know i'm starting to warm up to him" said cho, taking a seat at the end of chae's bed after carefully placing her and her sister's easter baskets on cho's bed.

each year, their mother made up easter baskets instead of giving them each one gigantic easter egg, the woven basket contained small chocolates with some other small things such as bath bombs and perfume. however, two large easter eggs caught chae's eye and she guessed those were the ones from sirius.

"he's really lovely, it's a shame you haven't been able to spend much time with him" chae responded, her eyes flickering back to her revision notes.

"well, during the summer i'll get to spend time with him, i hope we can go back to having a normal family" said cho, looking at her older sister who gently dropped her now-finished notes on top of her fantastic beasts textbook.

"cho, my love, we have and always will be a normal family, whether it be without our dad and with sirius, or if it's just with mum. what maters is that we're together and healthy" said chae, reaching for her sister's hand.

the royal blue bed sheets shifted underneath cho as she moved closer to her sister, smiling at her.

"i worry about you sometimes"

"why?"

"because well, you care so much about others that you put yourself in danger, like last year when you followed mad-eye that wasn't actually mad-eye and ended up in the hospital, i just wish you would be more careful. i don't want to lose you too"

chae pulled her sister in for a hug, no longer caring about the books and parchment that adorned her four poster. when the two pulled away, chae held her sister at arms reach, tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

"listen, you do not need to worry about me, i will always be here no matter what, you can always find me right here" chae said softly, pointing her index finger at cho's heart.

"you aren't getting rid of me anytime soon, you're stuck with me little sis"

"not if i decide to push you off the astronomy tower"

chae looked at her sister, her mouth wide open in shock. her sister's eyes staring back at her watching the older chang sibling who was feigning a hurt look on her face.

"now why would you want to do that?" asked chae.

"because i'd never have to deal with your grumpiness in the morning again" retorted cho, the girl crossed her legs whilst the two of them laughed and chae began to help cho with her potions revision, the return to classes looming over the two of them.