→ chapter forty four

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

"do not eat that!" chae said, snatching the fudge from sora's hand as they sat at the hufflepuff table during their free period.

"it's just fudge, fred and george said it would get me out of potions" sora said, a confused look plastered upon her features.

"it'll get you out of potions alright, but it'll also give you pus-filled boils" said chae, pulling out her herbology books.

"how do you know?"

"because tweedle dum and tweedle dee tell me everything, which means i unfortunately know they have boils in a place you don't want to know" chae grimaced, sora's nose scrunched up in disgust and chae nodded her head agreeing.

"why did you want to get out of potions anyway?"

"i forgot to do snape's essay" said sora.

the girl once again nodded her head, now understanding why sora didn't want to see snape. he was a right foul git on most days, but he's even fouler if you didn't hand in homework on time.

for a while chae watched the rain patter against the windows of the great halls, the downpour was certainly merciless as it slashed against the glass. chae loved the rain, even when she was outside, it was calming and she'd hoped that one day she'd be free to fall like the rain.

she turned her head to see roger davies sat next to her and chae smiled, he was obviously there to ask if she had spoken to flitwick. chae went to open her mouth to tell him she'd spoken to the head of ravenclaw but roger spoke first.

"umbridge approved the ravenclaw quidditch team! we can play! thank you chaerin!" said roger, lightly patting chae on the shoulder "i expect you to show up to quidditch practice on friday! let cho know please"

from a distance, fred and george were sat watching the two interact, an unpleasant look on fred's face as he observed the ravenclaw's. george was trying to stifle his laughter as the look on fred's face became stroppier by the minute.

"freddie mate, they're just talking, i don't see why you're jealous" said george, slapping his brother on the back lightly.

"i'm not jealous, i just don't see why he feels he has to touch her shoulder" said fred, in a matter of fact tone.

"it's a shoulder, let's not forget about the time you touched lips with angelina" said george, and fred turned to glare at him which only made george laugh harder.

"are people ever going to drop that?" asked fred, letting out a huff.

"i don't know" said george, shrugging his shoulders.