→ chapter eighty three

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

The moon was full and shined brightly over the castle grounds, illuminating the beautiful scenery that fell beneath it.

To battle was to participate in a fight that you hoped to win, whether it be a domestic battle, a personal battle or a battle that would decide the fate of a whole community. A battle was something that needed strength, willpower and communication. It needed to flourish in it's stages to see the progress it would make.

It was scary indeed - a battle where an injury could be severe, cutting someone's life source with a simple flick of a wand. It would create deep scars that would run through a person's skin, through to their flesh and blood, creating a symbol of survival. A scar was a sign of bravery, a sign that the person was so incredibly brave because they had the strength to continue on.

However, a battle was something that Chae did not expect to find herself in so soon.

Yet here she was, hiding behind the whomping willow in hopes that the Death Eater on her tail would magically disappear into thin air.

Somehow, within the time that Harry and Dumbledore had been gone, Hogwarts had managed to fall prey to Death Eaters and Chae could practically smell the betrayal that lingered in the air. She had her suspicions on who would let something like this happen, and she'd be sure to tell it to the world.

Well, Chae would do that the moment that stupid Death Eater got off her case.

"I've heard about you Miss. Chang, you're quite the talk of the town," he drawled, his footsteps sounding against the grass.

"Well, I'm afraid I can't say the same for you," Chae replied, stepping onto her right foot and breaking off into a sprint towards the castle.

The wind lashed harshly at her face as she raced towards the courtyard, she didn't dare look back and instead opted for using her wand to deflect any spell that the Death Eater sent her way.

Her brown eyes flickered over to the light she could see in the distance, the castle was finally coming into view. She hoped that someone would be there ready to help her, either that or she'd have no choice but to battle the Death Eater one on one.

The muscles in her legs were beginning to ache, her breathing was ragged and Chae was cursing herself for not going to the gym. When her feet finally made contact with the cold, stone ground of Hogwarts she let out a sigh of relief.

"Chaerin?! What on earth are you bloody doing?!"

The familiar voice of Fred Weasley sounded through the atmosphere, his smooth, deep voice was enough to give anybody goosebumps. But at this moment in time, it was not something Chae wanted to deal with.