→ chapter one hundred and two

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Severus Snape stood tall, his back as straight as a stick and his head was held high. His beady eyes were scanning the great hall for a glimpse of Potter, searching cautiously for him. He leered down at the students over his hooked nose.

It was all wrong.

He was not meant to be standing where the previous headmasters of Hogwarts stood, it was unnatural. Snape was not a leader. If anything, Snape would lead these children to an unmerciful death.

The bones beneath Chae's skin rattled as she caught sight of the Death Eaters stood behind him, they were on their guards. Goosebumps formed on her arms, the fear was really sinking in now. Reality slammed itself into her face at full speed, this was a life or death situation and here every Hogwarts student stood, practically shaking in their boots.

They were a walking target, each and every one of them were like a beacon, screaming for Voldemort to come and kill them. It was so obvious. This was going to end in a bloodbath.

Snape's voice began to echo off the high walls, the sky outside was dark and stormy, the clouds filled with rain that were ready to burst and shower the Earth. His voice was calm and steady, but there was no mistaking the malice in his tone. He meant every word.

His words sunk into the students of Hogwarts like venom, spreading throughout their nervous system, anxiety beginning to paralyse them. If they knew the whereabouts of Harry Potter or conspired with him in any way, they'd all meet the same fate as him. He was giving them no choice, they would have to die or become a traitor.

The Dark Arts professor walked slowly in between the houses, his footsteps pounding against the tiled floor. His dark beady eyes stared down at the different houses, his eyes were testing them, trying to spot someone who could give the act away. But the students did not look at him, their eyes were still trained nervously on the floor.

"It seems despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem headmaster."

Chae - who was stood next to Luna in disguise - turned her head rapidly to see Harry standing in the middle of the great hall, her soft lips were parted in shock. The beautiful oak doors behind Harry opened, revealing who was behind them.

The Order of the Phoenix walked in slowly, their shoulders back and heads held high. They would not back down from their predators, the prey had become the predator and the previous predator would pay the price for his crimes. Chae's heart leaped with joy when she spotted her cousin Sora amongst them.

"How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him! Tell them!" Harry bellowed furiously, ignoring the gasps and shocked sounds that the surrounding crowd let out.