→ chapter fifty

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

chae sat in silence, the flame from sirius' fireplace reflecting on her features. she stared down at the ground as fred and george argued with her mother's boyfriend, chae understood why they were angry but sirius was right. it would look awfully suspicious if they turned up at the hospital without being told any notice.

the shock was still in her system, she didn't dare say a word. dumbledore's words still lingering in her mind. if chaerin really could tell the future, that meant she'd be able to see when danger was coming but she knew the rules of time.

if it was a fixed event, it had to stay that way... time cannot be rewritten unless she was some sort of time lord, which she evidently was not.

tension filled the air when the twins stopped arguing with sirius, finding their way over to chae. chae smiled at them both sympathetically, reaching for their hands in hope it would bring them some comfort.

chae didn't necessarily lose her father to death, but in a way she had lost him, if she were to speak to him, he wouldn't remember a single thing about her nor who she was.

as the night went on, nobody slept, well it wasn't obvious if ron was sleeping or not. chae shared a few glances with harry a couple of times during the night, neither of them knowing what to say nor do. there was nothing chaerin could do that would make this miserable situation better.

the young girl found her thoughts drifting to her mother, when would she be home? chae had been ignoring her letters. she knew she was being petty but how was it fair if her mother got to start new with sirius but her father wasn't even allowed to remember his own daughters, his own flesh and blood.

"sirius" chae said quietly, catching the man's attention.

sirius looked up at her, his curls bouncing slightly as he lifted his head, he smiled kindly at her.

"when will my mother come home?" she asked, earning a sigh from sirius.

"you'd know this if you at least opened her letters" he explained, but chae shook her head.

"i've been busy" chae lied, it wasn't much of a lie considering the girl had been quite busy.

"she'll be home after christmas, she's recruiting for the order" he said simply, chae nodded her head.

finally, after what felt like an eternity mrs weasley came through the door at ten past five in the morning. everybody turned to look at the woman, slowly rising in their seats. she looked extremely pale but smiled at them nonetheless.