→ prologue

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Chaerin and her cousin Sora stared up at the gigantic train in astonishment, watching as smoke emitted from the chimney as their parents stood behind them. Today they would be starting their first year at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Chaerin held her younger sister's hand, Cho wouldn't be attending the school until next year, the two of them being born a year apart, they were undoubtedly close and would do everything together.

The small Asian girl turned to face her mother, worry lacing her tone.

"Mother, what if the other children dislike me?" she asked hesitantly, causing her mother to softly smile. You see Chaerin was a half blood, her mother was a witch and her father was a muggle.

"Sweetie, if they don't like you then that is not your problem, if they can't see you aren't wonderful then they are not worth it. As I've told you before, your blood type does not matter," Mrs. Chang said to her daughter.

The dark brown haired girl nodded at her mother confidently, the Hogwarts Express whistled, signalling it was time to go. Chaerin hugged her mother and father, ruffled Cho's hair before turning to Sora, who was saying goodbye to her parents.

The two of them climbed onto the train, turning back one last time, huge smiles on their faces before looking for a compartment. Sora soon found an empty one and the pair sat down inside.

Sora was a very pretty young girl with magnificent raven coloured hair, her eyes a soft warm brown and she was slightly taller than Chae. On the other hand Chae's hair was dark brown, her eyes resembling a pool of dark chocolate which carried a hint of mischief.

"Look what I brought with me Sora," Chae whispered, grabbing her cousin's attention. Sora looked at her with her eyebrow raised but watched cautiously as the girl pulled out a small firework.

"Chae, please do not tell me that you're planning to use that on the train? We haven't even arrived at the school and you're already going to get yourself into trouble."

Chae laughed at Sora's response, Sora was older than her by a few months which caused her to act responsibly but that didn't mean she was against having fun, the two of them could be quite full of mayhem when Sora wasn't worried about getting into trouble.

"It will be fun Sora! I won't get caught, I just need you to keep the door open for me please?" Sora let out a sigh and nodded her head, smiling lightly as she watched Chae stand up and open the compartment door.

The girl walked a little further down from her shared compartment, it wasn't too far considering she'd have to make it back quickly. Chaerin crouched down, her hands clutching the firework as she delicately lit it alight, she smiled fondly as the firework whizzed off in front of her, she didn't stay to watch the colours and scurried back off to her compartment.