→ chapter ninety four

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

The smell of iron burned through Chae's senses, blinding her momentarily as the smell consumed her, swallowing her whole as if she were just a piece of meat. She let out an agonising groan as the wet, sticky liquid soaked through the cotton of her dress. Her wounds had reopened so many times throughout her time here at Malfoy Manor.

Without her wand to seal the cuts, the stinging pain was omnipotent and always present; a ghost reminding her of events that seemed all too long ago. Chae was almost certain she'd never escape from the reminder, it was like a hunter that was constantly stalking it's prey, waiting for the right moment to pounce and rip it apart one by one.

Although, there was a pain hidden deep inside of the young girl that she couldn't bring herself to talk about. The event that had crushed her heart and soul all in one, the moment that had really destroyed the girl that was Chaerin Chang.

The death of her mother.

It was tattooed in her mind, she couldn't erase it no matter how hard she tried. It haunted her in every waking moment and every time she closed her eyes, she wasn't really sure how much sleep she had gotten since arriving at the Manor. Sleep did not come to those with wandering minds, Chae's mind had wandered so far she was sure it would never return.

She craved sanity. She craved to be back at home, sleeping in until late with Fred, visiting her mother when she was home, baking with Molly, and most importantly writing to her sister.

Her sister's face was a reoccurring theme in her nightmares, she dreamed of being with her but she dreaded the moment Cho's sweet and innocent face discovered that her mother had passed on. Chae was certain that Cho would hate her with every fibre of her being, she was a white blood cell fighting the bacteria that was her own blood-related sister.

Her thoughts were slowly killing her, being locked up like a prisoner was beginning to get to her, mentally and physically. Gosh, the things she'd do just for a shower or some clean clothes. The only time she was allowed out was when the Dark Lord was trying to force her to use her gift, however she would not allow the scum of the Earth to exploit her powers.

So, she did the only thing she could do. She suppressed it. Even if it hurt her psychologically, she was willing to make that small sacrifice if it meant stopping Voldemort.

"Mr. Ollivander?" Chae croaked, trying to grab the attention of the wandmaker.

"Yes dear one?" He responded swiftly, slowly turning to face her.

"When do you think they'll bring us something to eat?"

A look of sympathy washed across the man's gaunt face, over some time the two had become each other's safety, helping one another as best as they could with the little to none resources they had. After all, they were all each other had in the dark times they spent underneath the manor, chained to the walls as if they were dogs that had turned feral.

"At this point, I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they left us here to starve."

"Well, we'll just have to come back as ghosts and quite literally scare them to death."

Just as Ollivander went to laugh, the small Asian sucked in a sharp breath, a distant look appearing in her brown irises.

Suddenly, she was seeing the things she had suppressed, they were swarming her like flies swarming the rubbish bin.

A shrill cry ripped through the atmosphere, Chae's eyes looked away from the dreadful scene in front of her. All she could see was blood, rubble, and mass destruction. It was like nothing she had ever seen before, something she wished she had never fallen witness to.

Her home. The most beautiful castle with memories that held more than a thousand words. It was in pieces. Chae's feet sluggishly dragged her through the broken archways, her chapped lips were parted in shock whilst she surveyed her surroundings.

But then, her mind was trying to find where the cry had come from, and all of a sudden she was running. The wind lashed at her face, her hair swaying behind her as her legs pushed her further, willing her to find where the familiar sound had come from. However, the faster she ran the further away things seemed to become.

Her mission was to find the unknown voice that had broken the silence around her, she needed to find it. If she had any hopes of saving someone, she just had to locate the origin but it seemed unattainable.

She skidded to a halt - nearly falling onto the hard stone ground - in the courtyard, only to find a mass crowd that appeared to be segregated in the middle. The sky was a dull grey, it looked as if someone had used a straw to suck away all the blurs of colours, leaving it to become an empty mass of grey.

As if it were a reflex, she found herself walking over to the familiar redhead known as Fred Weasley, he greeted her with a sad smile, one like none other. It seemed almost hollow. Chae's sculpted eyebrow raised in confusion, asking silently what was going on but Fred said nothing and simply turned his head to face forward.

Chae followed his gaze to find Ginny on her knees, broken sobs racking her body as Arthur tried to pull her back to the crowd. And just like that, Chae was greeted with the sight of Harry Potter's body lying lifeless in Hagrid's ginormous arms.

Tears stung her eyes, only they would not fall. She couldn't even cry for the loss of her godbrother. It was like grief had finally consumed her entire being. That was it. They were done for. It was over and it wasn't as if Chaerin could rewind time.

Harry Potter was dead and they were all going to suffer at the hands of Lord Voldemort.

a/n ~ happy monday sweetpeas! sorry this is just a filler chapter, and i know each chapter has been a little angsty and dark, but i promise we'll be getting to the good stuff soon. also, thank you SO much for 60K reads, i am so shocked and i cannot thank you enough for taking the time to read this book. it's you guys that really make it what it is <3