→ chapter thirty five

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

chae's last year at hogwarts came around much quicker then she would have liked it to, she sat at the ravenclaw table next to her sister whilst she stared around the great hall, in awe of its beautiful scenery.

obviously the girl was most excited for the welcoming feast, she couldn't wait to eat as much as she possibly could. then to top it all off, she'd go to her dormitory with cho and luna and celebrate another year.

"chae, you're close with hagrid right?" cho asked.

"yeah, before you ask i don't know why he's not here" said chae, causing cho to look taken back.

"whose that woman in the pink?" luna asked.

"that's delores umbridge, our mother told us all about her" said cho quietly, lowering her voice so the others wouldn't hear the three of them.

"she's a right old cow too, if we've got her teaching us then pigs have more chance of flying than we do passing exams" said chae, glaring at the toad looking woman.

the hall began to silence because the sorting ceremony was about to begin, chae watched her grandmother place the hat on the stool and what certainly looked like a mouth ripped open and broke into song.

chae was totally in shock with what the hat had sung, she turned to cho, her mouth slightly agape and cho's expression mirrored her older sister's. when the song was over and the sorting began they both looked to luna who was smiling contently.

"well that's a lovely way to welcome the first years, scare them to death by telling them they're in danger" muttered chaerin sarcastically.

if she was honest, at this point she only attended the welcoming feast for the food, because well that was the whole point in it, it literally has feast in the name.

after the sorting ceremony, chae was relieved to see dumbledore get to his feet and greet his students.

"to our new comers" said dumbledore in a ringing voice, his arms stretched wide and a beaming smile on his lips "welcome! to our old hands welcome back! there is a time for speech-making, but this is not it, tuck in!"

the table in front of chae filled with food and drinks and she wasted no time in piling as much food as she could fit onto her plate, and into her mouth. cho shook her head at her sister before she tucked into her own food.

"why do you think that umbitch woman is here then?" asked cho, chae swallowed her food quickly before responding.

"it's obvious that she's here on fudge's instructions, there's no other reason she'd apply for the job" said chae, causing cho and luna to nod their heads.

"she's going to have her work cut out, especially with the seventh years, that years got the weasley twins and chae" said luna.

chae laughed a little.

"i think the twins are taking more of a business route this year" said chae.

"what's that supposed to mean?" asked cho.

"i'm afraid i cannot tell you little sister" chae responded "although, i did have to convince them to even come back this year, molly would surely going into cardiac arrest if they dropped out"

cho's eyes widened and her head quickly snapped towards her sister.

"you won't drop out will you?!"

"and have mum absolutely saw my head off? i'd rather not"

cho visibly let out a sigh of relief and chae took a sip of her pumpkin juice, her eyes searching for fred and george. the twins were sat at the gryffindor table whispering to each other again, chae knew that they were working hard to start their joke shop but she also wished that they'd try and leave school with more than three o.w.l.'s.

when the noise level began to rise again it was evident that the students had replenished their hunger and dumbledore stood once again. the headmaster was about to make his usual speech when a little 'hem hem' interrupted him.

everyone's heads turned to face the short woman, who had short brown curly hair and wore at least three shades of pink. chae shot professor mcgonagall a look of surprise, the older woman sent her granddaughter the same look back.

nobody had ever interrupted dumbledore before...

as the woman droned on, chae tried to listen but she found her voice rather annoying and thought she would rather listen to ron and hermione bicker.

"every headmaster and headmistress of hogwarts has brought something new to the weighty task of governing this historic school, and that is as it should be, for without progress there will be stagnation and decay, there again, progress for progress's sake must be discouraged, for our tried and tested traditions often require no tinkering. a balance, then, between old and new, between permanence and change, between tradition and innovation" said umbridge, smiling falsely at her restless audience.

after the woman's speech, it had become obvious to chae that the ministry were most definitely interfering at hogwarts.

cornelius fudge was a coward, he was going too far and the man was most definitely abusing his power as minister for magic. chae could certainly see why people had tried to get dumbledore to apply for the job.

the tension in the air came to an end when dumbledore stood again, his silver beard was no longer hung over his shoulder and the familiar glint in his eyes had reappeared.

when dumbledore had finished his speech, clattering began around the students and chae stood up from the bench, yawning slightly. she was certainly ready to go to bed. she had stepped over the bench, her dark brown hair swaying slightly as she linked her arms with luna and cho's.

"do you think umbridge will be a good teacher?" luna asked in her usual tone of voice.

"we've got as much chance as that as fred and george do at becoming best friends with snape" said chae.

"as if we'd ever become friends with that boring old git" said fred, the twins now appearing behind the three girls.

"told you so" said chae, causing cho to laugh lightly.

"you coming with us chae?" asked george.

"not tonight boys, the girls and i are in need of a good old girly talk" chae responded, looking pointedly at the boys before the three of them walked away.

"i'll never understand women" said george as the twins turned the corner to the staircases.

"me neither georgie" said fred.