→ chapter twenty three

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

sora laughed loudly when her cousin fell off her bed, chae had fallen from sora's bed many times and it never got old, each time it happened the cousins would find themselves stitched up in laughter.

"chae i've told you to be careful when climbing onto it!" sora snorted.

"i don't see why you hufflepuffs have high beds anyway! it's obviously a safety hazard"

sora rolled her eyes at the younger girl.

"you're a moron chaerin"

"and you're a smelly loser sora"

sora joined her cousin on the bed, the two of them in their pyjamas with their hair tied up in neat ponytails, ready for the sleepover that was ahead of them.

"tomorrow's a hogsmeade weekend, wanna go?" sora asked.

"yeah, i want to go shopping!" chae said excitedly.

"you know, i don't see why we're not allowed to hogsmeade after lessons end, don't you ever get bored of sitting in the castle?" sora replied.

"not when you're friends with the twins" chae said softly, resting her head on her knees when she realised what she said.

"you miss him don't you?" sora questioned gently as she moved to sit next to her cousin.

"i miss him very much, but i just feel i'd be letting myself be weak if i went back to him" chae explained.

sora shook her head lightly at the girl.

"chae that's not you being weak, that's you finding it in your heart to forgive him, which we all know you will eventually but it just takes a bit of time"

"but how much time sora? i never even thought i'd be in this situation in the first place"

her cousin shrugged her shoulders in response, not knowing what to tell chaerin as she didn't have the answers to her question.

"you'll know when it's time to forgive him" sora said softly, as she wrapped her arms around the girl.

the next morning, chae got herself ready before going to the great hall. she brushed through her long hair before changing into a plaid skirt with some black tights, she wore a turtleneck sweater with a jacket on top as the january air was cold. she picked up the beret fleur had brought her and gently placed it on her head.