→ chapter fifty four

a/n~ merry christmas my loves !! have a lovely day and eat as much as you can !! stay happy warm and healthy ! i hope you enjoy your day! <3

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

chae looked at her reflection in the pond water, she was slightly alarmed but remembered that she needed to stay calm. she felt unusual, but she was bound to feel that way, it's not everyday that you turn into an animal.

her new appearance startled her, taking in the colour of her long and dense fur which was grey. her body was long and she found herself looking back at wide set green eyes, her eyes flickered down to see four legs with slightly white paws.

chaerin's animagus was a nebelung cat.

the young girl felt very proud that she was also a cat like her grandmother. the cat used her paws to flick her wand up into her mouth and she hurriedly sauntered inside the castle.

after she had hidden her wand in the room of requirement, she decided to test the waters in her new form.

chae was simply strolling along the dimly lit corridors of the castle when she heard hushed whispers, the cat followed the voices and found herself at the staircase of the headmasters office, where professor mcgonagall and professor dumbledore were about to ascend.

just before the great stone statue began to turn, chae jumped, nearly missing the final stair but was relieved to see that neither of the professors had noticed that there was a random cat following them.

when she arrived in the office, she silently hid behind one of dumbledore's bookcases. her ears perked up when the conversation struck up again.

"but what do we do with the potter boy? albus surely he isn't safe if the dark lord keeps invading his mind" mcgonagall said worriedly.

"i'm afraid that harry isn't safe, if the dark lord comes to possess harry we are all in grave danger including harry himself" said dumbledore calmly, whilst he sat behind his desk.

"is it possible for the dark lord to do that?" mcgonagall asked nervously, as if she was afraid of the answer that would leave dumbledore's mouth.

he nodded slowly before speaking.

"at this current point in time, we have no clue what he is capable, he is much more powerful than last time, harry might be our only hope"

"but are you afraid albus?"

"there is no need to worry minerva, i have faith in harry, as should you"