→ chapter forty one

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

"we need to talk" said fred, walking over to chae who was sat in the corner of the library, her head buried in books clearly studying.

the dark brown haired girl didn't bother to look up at him, having finally calmed down now, she was rather tired and didn't want to speak with the boy.

"why don't you go talk with angelina?"

fred let out a frustrated groan as he sat down opposite the girl.

"i don't want to talk with angelina, i want to talk with you" he said calmly.

"yeah, well, perhaps i don't want to talk to you fred" said chae, her eyes still focused on the transfiguration homework in front of her.

"chaerin, please let me talk to you"

"you're talking to me right now, i'm not stopping you" said chae, the sentence frustrating the boy even further.

before fred could reply to the girl, she dropped her book onto the table and snapped her head up to face him. fred was cautious of the girl who was strangely calm and placid.

"how about, you let me ask you something? that kiss fred, did it mean nothing to you? did you just think that you get to have me one moment then angelina the next?"

"because i will not be left for a second choice, i will not allow that! i will not be second to her because you can't keep your hands off another girl, i don't get you fred, i really don't. now if you'll excuse me, i have stuff to do"

chae began to get up out of her seat, ready to pack her things but fred grabbed her wrist quickly, sitting her back down.

"chaerin, that kiss meant everything to me! it was the best moment of my entire life, i don't want angelina, i want you!" fred said earnestly, as he moved his hand from her wrist to her hand.

chae's stomach did backflips at his words, but she said nothing and showed no emotion on her face.

"come on chae, please can we sort this out"

"it's your fault we're even in this mess"

"but chae, i miss you"

"why, is angelina not kissing you good enough?" chae retorted smartly, causing fred to smirk.

the boy said nothing and stood up, causing chae to stand up as well, eyeing the boy wearily. he slowly walked over to her, the same look on his face as the girl backed up against the wall.