→ chapter forty seven

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

"what do you mean your banned from quidditch for life?" chae asked the twins on sunday morning.

"it's not just us, harry's banned too" said fred solemnly.

chaerin dropped her toast, she was completely and utterly disappointed to hear they'd been banned. she didn't even think there was such thing as a lifetime ban.

"but my grandmother wouldn't do such a thing! she loves you guys!" protested chae, fred and george shook their heads.

"it was umbridge" said george, looking miserable.

chae nearly choked on her tea at the sound of the woman's name. fred and george had to be joking, but by the looks on their faces it didn't seem like one of their famous pranks.

"you're being serious?" chae asked after a pause.

the twins nodded their heads and chae let out a sigh, pushing her plate away no longer feeling she could stomach it. the girl didn't know if she was angry, upset or frustrated.

"apparently we're hostile according to umbridge" said fred, letting out a small laugh.

"yeah because you two are so hostile" chae muttered bitterly.

"angelina went mad" said george, his voice showing a tone of amusement as he and fred began to eat chae's unwanted toast.

"i'm not surprised but she can't really blame you guys, you were provoked and fred didn't even do anything!" chae explained angrily.

"if you weren't there then i would've something" said fred.

chae laughed lightly, the sleeves of her sweater covering her hands as she began to pour herself, fred and george another cup of tea.

"well, who knows, you're the first to have a lifetime ban, maybe you'll go down in hogwarts: a history" said chae calmly.

fred and george looked at each other as to say the girl was insane.

"chae, for the last time, nobody's ever read that book other than you" george commented.

"actually, hermione's read it too"

"yeah, you and hermione, the only people on planet earth to read a book of history about their school" said fred.

chae rolled her eyes as she passed the boys their cups.

"it's actually interesting!" chae said defensively.

the twins nodded their heads dismissively.

"anyway, what's the plans for today?" asked george.

"well i'm going to the-"

"library" fred and george finished chae's sentence, causing the girl to glare at them playfully.

later that day, chae found herself in the restricted section of the library, she'd go back there so much that madam pince had given up with trying to get her to leave.

chae had decided that she should start the animagus transformation on the first full moon of december, she was determined this was something she wanted to do but there was still a little puddle of anxiety in her stomach.

she wasn't going to register to the ministry which could land her in azkaban but at this point, considering chae was almost certain that there was going to be a war, she thought it was safer not to register herself.

becoming an animagus was hard, but if there was anyone who could do it, it was chaerin chang. one of hogwarts brightest, arguably the brightest.

she was a young genius, some would say it was talent, others believed it was luck. chae thought it was neither, she simply had a love for books and knowledge.

chae ran her finger along the bookshelves, trying to find the one she had looked at the other day. when her finger came across the spine of the book she needed, she carefully pulled the book off the shelf and went to find an empty seat.

she ignored the students who were studying and eagerly sat on her own, pulling the book open and locating the page she needed. once she found what she was looking for, she began to write down the instructions on a slip of parchment.

it was most definitely more complicated then she expected but it was worth it if it meant she'd be able to protect her family in a subtle way.

chae would stop at nothing to make sure the people she loved was safe, which is why she felt the urge to do this. once the thought was in her head, she couldn't let it go, chae had to do this to make sure things would be okay.

as much as chae didn't want to admit it, she was terrified. there had only ever been one wizarding war and alice had forbid her daughters to say the dark lords name, but chae had decided that she wasn't going to be scared anymore.

she wasn't going to let that vile creature threaten her life or her friends or her family's. it was much easier said than done, but chaerin was determined, she was determined to see this war through, if voldemort wanted a war, then he was going to get more than a war.

chae had also put her trust into the hands of albus dumbledore and she knew that as long as he was around, voldemort wasn't getting anywhere near hogwarts or any wizarding family.

the young girl wanted a future and she knew there was no future for half bloods or muggle borns if voldemort came to power.

chaerin simply couldn't let that happen, so she promised herself that she would do whatever it takes to survive. not only for herself, but for cho, for her mother, for fred, for george, for harry, for sora...

chaerin chang wasn't going to go down without one hell of a fight.