→ chapter thirty seven

a/n~ thank you so so so much for 1.2k reads on this book, i'm so shocked and i cannot thank you enough... i hope you enjoy this chapter <3

 i hope you enjoy this chapter <3

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

chae's first week of term did not go how she expected, she'd only been there a week and she was already up to her neck in assignments. with little time to do them and quidditch practice, she felt as if the world was caving in on her.

it was now the second monday and chae had her first class which was defence against the dark arts, she hadn't liked umbridge's teaching one bit. they'd had three lessons with her last week and the class still weren't using any magic, and chaerin was going to find out why.

she pulled out her seat and sat at her desk, greeting sora briefly before she pulled out her quill and some parchment. the class filled quickly and she looked around to see that fred and george hadn't arrived, which was no surprise to her of course.

delores umbridge came walking in, her usual pink attire still hadn't changed and chae was beginning to feel sick of the colour pink. she swore she'd never see umbridge in a different colour.

"good morning class!" professor umbridge said.

"good morning professor umbridge" they all said rather boringly.

"today we will be looking at how to conjure defensive spells, please open your books to page 11" she said sweetly, a sickening smile on her face.

chae scoffed and opened her beginners book, sora stared at her cousin in alarm when she slammed the book open. chae had clearly woken up on the wrong side of the bed. she raised her hand and waited for umbridge to notice her.

"yes miss chang?"

"i was just wondering, will we be requiring our brains this lesson? you know, to actually use magic" chae said simply, umbridge laughed slightly at her.

"dear, why on earth would you need to use magic in my classroom?"

"i don't know, let me think, maybe because we go to a school that is supposed to teach us magic, that's the whole point" chae responded hotly, the entire class looking at her now. a lot of them agreeing with her.

sora raised her hand.

"yes miss song?"

"chae is right, how are we going to pass our exams if we can't even use magic?" said sora.

"your exam is theory, you will be able to learn how to use the magic through theory" said umbridge, causing chae to scoff.