→ chapter ninety two

DISCLAIMER: the following chapter contains depictions of extreme violence towards the end of it, if this topic is something that could potentially upset you, then please join us again next time! take care of yourselves <3

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

The fall of an angel.

Something Chaerin Chang had witnessed only seconds ago. Something so against nature that it was abnormally wrong, a world full of sinners and distorted saints, but yet it was the angel that fell. Not the vermin that lie beneath the ground, hiding in plain sight.

A piercing scream ripped through Chae's vocal chords as she stared at the limp, lifeless body of her mother. Her mother's brown eyes were lifeless, the ghost of her sadness left behind on her face, a permanent frown as the cold eyes of Alice Chang stared straight ahead. The blood was still pouring from her body, like a broken faucet as the witch who killed her stood over dead body, standing triumph like Alice's body was some sort of trophy to parade around.

Every sob shook Chaerin's body, her shoulders shaking as her knees curled into her chest in hopes to forget the sight of her mother's body. However, she had already seen too much, the image was burned into her mind, haunting her every time she closed her eyes for a second. It was the reality that she couldn't escape, with her eyes open she would see her mother, with her eyes tightly shut she would see her mother.

Despaired screams echoed through the air as the tide of emotions swallowed Chae, like an ocean in the storm swallowing everything in its path. Her grief showed no mercy as the Death Eaters in the room, staring at Chaerin with no emotion on their faces.

It angered her, an anger that burned from deep within her stomach, shaking her to the core. They had just taken the one person who had never left Chaerin's side, the one person who had protected Chae from the cruel world for many years, a woman who had nurtured her and nursed her back to health if she had ever fallen ill.

They had taken her mother, and god help it, they would pay for their crimes.

Chaerin would run through the darkest depths of hell, letting the flames engulf her body and scorch her skin if it meant she would be able to avenge her mother.

Within mere minutes, her world had come crumbling in around her. It was a free-fall. Tears soaked her bare knees as she rested her head there, wailing for her mother. The young girl cried so hard that she began to choke on her own tears, crying as if it would bring her mother back to her because that was really all she wanted.

She wanted to feel her mother's warm hug one more time, her sweet kisses goodnight, taste the culinary that her mother had prepared for her. It was something she'd never feel again, for she had lost the one woman who could comfort her in an instant and kiss away all her deepest scars.