→ chapter one hundred and one

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Chaerin tightened the belt on her black jeans, subtly tucking in the white top she'd decided to wear, a chill crept across her ivory skin as her boots echoed against the marble floors of Hogwarts. Despite it being spring, she still decided to pull the lavender cardigan closer to her body as a meek attempt to warm up.

After what felt like centuries, the duo reached a solid wall. Harry pulled Chae towards him, covering them both with his invisibility cloak before he pushed the wall. The wall melted away at his touch and the two of them crept into the dark corridor, once they were within the shadows again he pulled out the Marauders map.

Chae felt uneasy with Harry's silence, it unnerved her. Why wasn't he at least giving her a hint as to why they need to find the diadem, the tense aura that encased Harry Potter seemed to swallow the whole castle.

"Harry why won't you tell me anything?"

"Now isn't the time Chae, I'll explain later," he waved her off. "We're on the fifth floor, how do we get to the common room?"

Chae stared at him blankly, trying to ignore the feeling of hurt he'd caused by waving her off so nonchalantly. Without responding to the Gryffindor she took ahold of his sleeve and began pulling him towards a spiral staircase.

Nostalgia filled Chae to the brim, the two of them climbed the spiral stairs and it reminded her of all the times she'd ran up and down them, trying her hardest not to be late for certain classes, or the times she'd simply sat at the top of the staircase enjoying a book. Those moments seemed like they had taken place in a different timeline.

When they finally reached the bronze door, Chae reached out her small hand and knocked on the door, Harry's eyes watching her every movement. He jumped slightly when the mouth of the eagle opened, a melodic voice floated towards them.

"Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?"

Chae's head turned towards the impatient boy, wondering if he had an answer. She'd figured it out already but wanted to see the way someone else would interpret the question.

"Any idea?"

"What? Isn't there a password?"

"Don't be silly. You have to answer the question, it's simply learning."

"What if you get it wrong?"

"Then you wait for someone else to answer."

"We don't exactly have the time for that Chaerin."

"Don't you take that tone with me Harry," she snapped back, returning to the door. "A circle has no beginning."

The door opened, revealing the circular room. It was just as Chae remembered it, the arched windows were standing tall with the blue and bronze silk falling from them. Stars dotted the ceiling above them, mirroring the midnight-blue carpet.