→ chapter one hundred

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

If there was something Chaerin despised, it was the people around talking about her as if she wasn't there, it was like her presence was transparent to them and they were looking right through her figure that stood in the doorway of the kitchen at the Burrow.

Fred and George were sat down, their heads together as they whispered to one another, peeking backwards once in a while to see if anyone was around. They were hiding something, and Chaerin was as curious as the Cheshire cat. Whatever they were trying to hide, they weren't very good at it.

The Ravenclaw had heard her name so many times in the last thirty seconds that she was positive their conversation was about her.

"But is she well enough to come?"

"It's Chaerin, we need her."

"I know that, but what if something bad happens?"

"If there's anyone that knows how to survive, it's Chae, I think we should take her with us."

Chae cleared her throat, startling the twins so that they turned to look at her. George's face held a look of concern, it was something Chae was tired of seeing and Fred's lips were turned upwards in his usual smile.

"Hi love, we um didn't see you there," said Fred, scratching the back of his neck. Chae rolled her eyes in response, walking towards them silently.

"We were just discussing the weather's forecast," George commented, trying not to make eye contact with Chae.

"Oh really? Because I don't think I'm in control of the weather," Chae blurted, stunning both of the boys who hadn't heard her properly talk since she arrived home.

"I have missed your sarcasm," said George, trying to change the topic.

"I told you, she's the dominant one in the relationship," Fred joked playfully, his fingers searching for Chae's hand, entwining them together.

"Tell me what you were talking about or I won't hesitate to hex you into next week," Chae threatened, raising her wand.

"Godric, you're brutal. Fine," George picked up the fake Galleon that was laying on the table in between him and his twin. "We think this means that we're needed."

"Well, I don't know if you've noticed George, but it's not every day the numbers change," Fred responded, sarcasm laced within his voice. George rolled his eyes.

"It looks like we're going back to school boys."

"Chae, for the billionth time, we are not your boys."

♡♡♡

Chae had decided that it would be best if she returned to Hogwarts in her animagus form, it was much safer and it posed no risk of the Death Eaters finding her. The Nebelung cat pottered quietly next to the twins, making their way to Aberforth's in order to get to Hogwarts.

"You look like right prats, whose cat is it? Last time I saw Chae's cat Cleo, she did not look like that," said a familiar voice, causing Chae's ears to perk up at the sound.

"Oh button it Lee, it's Chaerin you idiot," George joked.

"And you guys just let her walk? How rude," Lee commented, scooping the cat up into his arms, the four of them making their way into Aberforth's house.

"Now you're the one who looks like a prat," said Fred, greeting Aberforth at the same time.

"Passage is through there, if I had known this was going to be a railway station I'd put a sign saying it's closed."

Chae gently purred in response, catching a small smile from the blue-eyed wizard. The painting swung open and Chae leaped gracefully into it, trotting along in front of the three Gryffindors. Her head was held high, majestic as ever as her dirtied paws pressed into the firm ground beneath her.

The passage was narrow and smelt a bit musty, but Chae didn't care, she was returning home. Well, if she could even call it that now. A sinking feeling told her that the Death Eaters had probably destroyed any happiness that tried to flourish at the school.

It was abominable really, to take away what may have been the one place that young witches and wizards felt safe, to bend the rules of the magic that flowed in between the cracks of the school and use it for the utterly wrong reasons. It was like treason.

When the group made it through the secret passage, they were greeted warmly but Chae noticed straight away that Harry looked exhausted and there was no mistaking the rage that floated within the green pools of his eyes.

"Is Chae coming?" Cho asked Fred quietly.

He nodded his head and looked down at the cat sitting next to his feet, signaling that he thought it was safe enough for her to transfigure back into her human form. The room that Dumbledore's army were staying in was filled with makeshift tents, hammocks, and food stock. It was clear to Chae that the students had been hiding in here, away from the monstrosities that were happening outside.

Chae was silent once she stood properly next to her partner, saying nothing as she pulled her younger sister into a tight and warm hug. A million words conveyed through one act of love, her arm was loosely draped around Cho's shoulder when she turned to face the trio.

The trio bickered about something, Dumbledore's army watching them curiously and patiently. They were ready to receive their orders, they'd fight for a better tomorrow, they'd rebel against the system even if they had to sacrifice many things. There was no time for secrets now, they had to stand as one, unite whatever blood they could get, and begin the journey for a new dawn.

"There's something we need to find," Harry said. "Something that'll help us overthrow You-Know-Who. It's here at Hogwarts, but we don't know where. It might have belonged to Ravenclaw. Has anyone heard of an object like that? Has anyone come across something with her eagle on it, for instance?"

"Well, there's the lost diadem, you know the one Daddy is trying to recreate," Luna responded when Harry's eyes fell on the small group of Ravenclaws.

"Yeah but it's lost, that's the whole point," said Micheal Corner, rolling his eyes. "Nobody's seen it for centuries."

"Nobody with a brain has seen it for centuries actually, maybe if you had some type of brain you'd know where it is," Chae retorted, defending the blonde girl. Micheal Corner didn't respond to the girl, ignoring her comment.

"When was it lost?" Harry asked.

"Centuries ago," said Cho. "Nobody's ever found a trace for it have they?" she continued, turning to her sister for reassurance, Chae nodded her head.

"What even is a diadem?" Ron asked.

"It's a crown, the one Ravenclaw had was supposed to enhance a person's wisdom," Chae explained, a few strands of hair falling into her eyes as she turned to Ron.

"And none of you have ever seen anything that looks like it?"

"I can take you to the statue in the common room, Rowena Ravenclaw is wearing it," Chae offered, trying to get Harry alone in hopes of gaining some answers from him.

Harry turned to look at Ron and Hermione for a second, Chae could see the clogs in his brain turning whilst he tried to weigh out his options. Her eyes were still on him when he nodded his head, muttering instructions to his best friends.

"How do we get out?" Harry asked Neville. Chae began to move but Fred caught her wrist.

When her eyes met his, she saw the worry and concern he'd tried to fight off. Chae shook her head but he would not let go, the young woman brought her dainty hands to his face, cupping it gently.

"I will be okay, I'll come back for you, I promise."