→ chapter fifty two

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

after the christmas period ended, there were only a few days left of the school holiday and chae felt as if the atmosphere in the house had severely dropped. sirius was in a slump because he knew he would be on his own again and his mood was rubbing off on everyone.

chae was in the kitchen with harry, the two of them were washing plates as the others sat at the table playing games.

"snape has to teach me occlumency" harry blurted.

"oh that's good magic! really useful, you'll like it!" chae said, smiling at harry, who rolled his eyes.

"i don't want to spend extra time with snape, can't you teach me?" he asked.

chae shook her head.

"i don't know enough to teach you, i barely know the basics" she explained.

harry nodded his head dismissively, he stared at the girl as he felt the anger seeping through his veins. he didn't even know why he was angry at the girl, she hadn't done anything to provoke him or upset him so why was he so angry at her?

"i don't get it" harry seethed, his hand suddenly scrubbing the plate harshly.

"don't get what?" chae asked, her eyebrow in confusion.

"i don't get you" said harry.

"what do you mean?" chae asked, anxiety bubbling in her chest.

"i don't get you, with your perfect grades and your easy life... i don't understand how you get everything so easily? it's like you have everybody wrapped around your little finger because you're chaerin chang and you must have your own way or you'll go crying to mummy, but mummy isn't even home half the time is she?" harry spat bitterly.

chae stuttered in response, she was utterly confused and shocked as to why harry was being so nasty to her. she hadn't done anything and she certainly did not cry to her mum if something didn't go her own way. chae felt as if she dealt with things the way any other person would.

"and do you know what's the worst about you?" asked harry, the venom in his tone was obvious as he placed the place down. chae shook her head, her eyes focused on the ground, her hands gripping onto the plate she was drying. the tears began to well in her eyes as she listened to harry.

"you always feel the need to get involved in things that don't concern you 'oh harry tell someone' or it's 'harry go to dumbledore' no chae, you shouldn't go poking your nose in a place that doesn't concern you. it's annoying, no wonder why fred and george are leaving"

chae felt the world stop around her, fred and george were leaving?

tears slipped from chae's eyes as she glared at harry, the plate falling from her hands smashing into pieces the way harry's words had smashed into her. everybody in the kitchen turned to look at the duo in surprise, the plate smashing must have caught their attention.

chae shook her head sadly as she walked away, more tears threatening to spill. harry stood there silently, realising what he had just done. the regent instantly filling his insides whilst everybody looked at him.

fred was the first to stand up, his jaw clenched.

"what on earth did you say to her?" he asked angrily.

"you don't know he said anything" said ginny, defending harry and fred glared at her.

"well he must have said something for her to run off like that!" fred said loudly, walking away to find chaerin.

when he finally found the brown haired girl, he found her lying on her bed, soft sobs leaving the girls mouth. he approached her gently, pulling her into a hug but to his surprise the girl pushed him away harshly, glaring at him whilst his mouth hung open in shock.

chaerin chang had just pushed him away for the first time ever.

"so when were you going to tell me?" she spat.

"tell you what?" he asked.

"that you and george are leaving!" she shouted.

fred shook his head, she wasn't supposed to know just yet. he and george had been waiting for the right time, not knowing how the girl would react.

"chae, we're not leaving to go away, we're only leaving school" fred explained, staring at the girl as she stood up so she could face him properly.

"but you promised me! you promised me that you'd never leave fred! you can't keep breaking every promise you make!" chae yelled, her chest heaving with anger.

"so go on then, tell me, did angelina know too?" chae said, bringing up the girl causing fred to roll his eyes.

"oh don't bring her up!" he defended.

"why not?" chae countered and fred shook his head, changing the subject.

"look chae, you've got to realise that george and i aren't going to be there to hold your hand all the way through school, we've got great things planned!" fred said.

chae scoffed at him before shaking her head, jabbing a finger into his chest.

"i'll tell you now, that i have never and i will never depend on you or george because i've done things independently since i got to that school" chae said lowly, the anger now becoming too much for her.

"oh as if chaerin! george and i have always been there!" fred shouted.

"so you think i need you and george? you think i depend on you two?" chae asked, stepping closer to the tall red head who was towering over her intimidatingly but chae wasn't going to back down.

"yeah, yeah i do!" shouted fred.

"oh i'll show you just how independent i can be fred, because guess what?"

"what?"

"i have had enough of your silly little kiss chase game! i don't want to be your second choice, i don't want to be someone you settle for because you can't have angelina!"

"are you serious? you seriously still think i like her? when is it going to occur to you chae that i don't like her! and at this point, i'm fed up of you thinking everything revolves around you!"

chae opened her mouth to speak but quickly shut it again as she realised what fred said. she refused to let him see that he had hurt her so she smiled at him, looking straight into his eyes.

"well if that's how you feel fredrick, we're not friends anymore!" chae shouted, walking away and opening the door only to see mrs weasley and sirius standing outside the door eavesdropping.