→ chapter one

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Everybody knew Chaerin Chang, whether it be for the chaos she had caused with the Weasley twins for the past six years they'd been at Hogwarts or whether it be because she took after her mother in the fact that she was extremely bright. However, people also knew her because she was in fact Professor McGonagall's granddaughter...

Chaerin's mother had been adopted by McGonagall at a young age, Minerva had been close friends with the baby's parents, when they passed she had decided to take in the small girl as if she were her own.

Many years later, Minerva McGonagall was a grandmother to two children; Chae and Cho. They were her only grandchildren and she adored them, but that didn't stop her from being professional with them during their time at Hogwarts.

Chaerin Chang was rarely seen without her cousin Sora Song, sora was her cousin due to her father's side of the family. Sora's father was a wizard who was muggle born, whereas Chae's father was just a muggle.

The dark haired girl smiled happily as she opened her window to a familiar owl, the owl was the Weasley's owl Errol. Chae quickly untied the letter from Errol's foot before grabbing him some food and water, after all the owl was old and she wondered how he had even made it this far.

Errol began to drink as Chae unfolded the parchment as quickly as her small hands could, she'd been writing to Fred all summer and was excited to see he had replied, at first they wrote to each other weekly, but then Fred's replies got slower and Chae wondered if he had forgotten. But now a big smile adorned her face as she read his letter.

Dear Chae,

I hope this finds you well, after all I've been trying to get this response to you for weeks but that ruddy owl kept getting lost even though he had been to your house multiple times. I don't know how he's even still alive at this point... Anyway, as you know the quidditch world cup is approaching and mum and dad said you could come with us if you like, they also said you could stay for the rest of summer as long as it's fine with your parents but I'm sure they've already spoken to them. We're going to pick Harry up tomorrow, if you can come, please come today as I miss your stupid face.

Chae wasted no time and rushed downstairs to
find her parents and her sister sat at the table, her father was reading the muggle newspaper whilst her mother scanned over the post and Cho was reading about the quidditch world cup.

"Mum! Mum!" Chaerin shouted as she bounced into the kitchen, nearly knocking over an ornament in the hallway on her way.

"Yes dear? And please watch that vase, it's new," Mrs Chang responded, not even looking up from the post, Chae noticed her mother was reading a letter from the Ministry of Magic. Mrs Chang worked as an auror, so it wasn't surprising when she received letters from the Ministry of Magic.

"Can I please please please go and stay with the Weasleys? They've invited me to the quidditch cup with them! And I miss Fred and George," she asked, an excited look upon her face that hadn't left since Errol arrived.

"I thought I had already said yes? Molly had written to me yesterday, I wrote her back straight away.... Oscar! I can't believe you hadn't told her she would be leaving today!"

Cho looked up at her older sister and laughed as their mother scolded their father, their father's face was alarmed as he put down his newspaper.

"Alice dear, I apologise that I forgot to tell her but she knows now so there's no harm done," Oscar Chang replied as his wife tutted at him, Chae headed straight to her bedroom to pack her things, she was itching to get to the Burrow.

"Do you seriously have to leave me again?" Cho asked as she stood at the doorframe of her sisters bedroom, a small smile on her features.

Chae turned to face her. "I spent the whole summer with you silly, you'll be okay, I'll see you at hogwarts! it's only two weeks Cho,"

The youngest Chang nodded her head, before pulling her sister into a hug. She hated having to leave Cho as the two of them really were close even if they did fight sometimes.

An hour later and Chaerin was ready to go, her mother waiting at their front door for her. Their father had work today so Alice would be dropping their daughter to the Weasleys.

Alice Chang may have been a witch, but marrying a muggle did come in handy at times because Alice now had her own muggle driving license, meaning she could work one of those things muggle's call cars.

Chaerin raced to the front seat of the car, calling shotgun so Cho would have to sit in the back. Cho glared at her sister playfully as she opened the car door.

"Chae! you always get front seat!"

"You snooze you lose!"

It was around noon when the girl finally arrived at the Burrow, her mother helping her with her trunk. The Weasleys had made their way outside due to the fact they heard the cars engine, Arthur stared at the car, muttering all sorts of things about it under his breath.

"Fascinating device isn't it? Not nearly as good as flying though," Alice stated to Arthur. Arthur nodded as Molly pulled Alice into a hug.

Chaerin's eyes locked with the person's she'd been longing to see all summer, Fred Weasley. His hair had gotten longer and he had grown into his features more and as always, he was undoubtedly attractive.

"Are you going to keep staring at me or actually come to see me?" he yelled, Chaerin giggled before running over to him, pulling him into a hug.

"Alright love birds, it's my turn break it up,"
George said as he walked over to the pair, Chae embraced the other twin before saying goodbye to her family, leaving her alone with the weasleys.