→ chapter eighty eight

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

The words that had left Bill Weasley's mouth upon his and his fiancé's safe arrival, made Chaerin's stomach twist in an unnatural way, she tried to choke back what was about to come up but it was already too late. The small Asian turned to the side, vomit spewing from her mouth and onto the specks of green grass outside of the Burrow. Fred rubbed her back soothingly, moving her braids out of the way.

Chae took a minute to compose herself, holding the tears back even though she could see Fleur's tears glistening on her face, she needed to be strong for the others around her. But it was just something she couldn't comprehend.

Mad Eye was dead.

One of the toughest, bravest and biggest survivors Chae had ever come to meet in her short lifetime. There was just no way it could be real, Mad Eye had always survived. Bill and Fleur had to be joking, it was a sick joke but it seemed nobody was about to say those words Chae wanted to hear so badly 'haha guys we're just kidding' never left their mouths.

If Mad Eye was dead, what hope did that leave for the rest of them? Mad Eye was somebody they needed, not just for the battle but they needed Mad Eye because he was was Mad Eye. There was nobody like Mad Eye and they would never find any one like him.

Chaerin knew it had been too good to be true that they all would make it out alive. Because after all, none of them could hardly call themselves alive, they were burning with pain like hot lava ready to spill from a volcano. They were bruising from the inside out, from now on things could only get worse.

Once they were inside, Bill explained what had happened and Chae could only hold tightly onto her boyfriend's hand, looking for some type of comfort but all she could feel was the numbness of her surroundings. Chae had already began detaching herself from the awful reality that was beginning to become her life.

Her eyes stung with tears as she watched the others give a toast of Firewhiskey to the lost Auror. It felt wrong that was all they could do, now they would have to live in secrecy to protect Harry, god only knows that Harry was their last chance at winning and if Harry was gone then Chae couldn't begin to think what would happen.

The Ravenclaw played with the sleeve of Fred's t-shirt as the others began to debate who had betrayed them, her head was killing her and couldn't stand to be in a room with people that were going to argue with one another and pin the blame to anyone they could because they were grieving.

That's what a war did, it ripped into people, deceiving them to believe that their longest friends had something to do with the tragedy. What blasphemy. Chae couldn't stand it, she couldn't stand there and let her family and friends tear each other to pieces like animals tearing into their meals brutally, it wouldn't end well but her head hurt so much that her eyes were beginning to close.