→ chapter seventy

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Her dark brown long hair was pulled back into a ponytail, a few hairs falling out of place to frame her face. With her hair pulled back, it left room to finally appreciate the young woman's beauty; her full slightly arched eyebrows were knitted together in anticipation, the chocolate brown orbs seated below her double eyelids sparkled with a hint of excitement, and her plump lips were coated in lip gloss as she knawed on them slightly.

Chaerin Chang had been waiting for this day. The day where could finally join the Order of the Phoenix.

She could no longer be told that these issues were none of her concern, she could no longer be told that she was a child. Chae would ultimately know the truth, however with knowing the truth she knew that from this moment onwards she'd be sworn into secrecy.

Her cousin Sora Song sat in the chair next to her, another new member that would benefit the Order. Sora Song was undeniably gorgeous, she had dyed her head a brilliant shade of cherry red and it suited her well. Her brown eyes were fierce and it was easy to tell that she was no longer the teenager she was at school, no not all, she had blossomed into the beautiful flower that was adulthood.

The two of them waited in the warmth of the Burrow for the rest of the Order's arrival, they would be holding a meeting there today. Fred and George could not make it due to the fact that they had to tend to the joke shop, Chae would fill them in on the details later on anyway. 

The Burrow was cosier than ever and it was safe to say that Chae had missed it massively, she did not spend her summer with the Weasleys this year, well not all of them. Part of her ached for the summers she spent as a young teen at the Burrow, it truly was like a second home to her and she hoped that one day her home would be filled to the brim with love, family, and warmth just like it.

Around thirty minutes later, the other Order members arrived including Tonks who plopped herself in the chair next to Chae. Her smile seemed to disappear when she sat down and Chae could only assume it was due to a certain werewolf considering she had opened up to Chae about her feelings.

The Ravenclaw placed her dainty hand on top of Tonks', holding it gently in a comforting manner. By the time everybody was seated it was nearly lunchtime and Chae couldn't help but think about a plate of sushi she wanted to indulge herself in, she would certainly have to ask Sora to accompany her to lunch.

"Before we get into today's meeting, I would like to formally introduce to you the newest members of the Order, Chaerin Chang and Sora song. I'm sure you all know of the bright young witches who will surely be great assets to us," announced Dumbledore.

The cousins stood up, smiling politely and waving before sitting back down in their seats. Dumbledore began to speak again and Chae listened intently, hoping to interpret every little detail.

"As you know, the whereabouts of Lord Voldemort is unknown currently because has taken to hiding behind his Death Eaters who have been causing chaos. Currently, our duty is to look after the muggles who could come in proximity with the Death Eaters," Dumbledore stated, looking through his half-moon glasses at the Order. "I can assure you that the safety of the Hogwarts students is prioritised, I know many of you have children at the school and I can promise that no harm will come to them."

Seconds bled into minutes and the minutes soon turned into an hour, within the hour Dumbledore had relayed all the new information to them and informed them that Tonks and Remus were to carry out a mission together. When Dumbledore dismissed them all it was safe to say that Chae was ravenous.

She grabbed Sora's arm without saying a word and led her outside "Come on, I'm starving and if I don't eat something soon I'm pretty sure I'll die of starvation."

"My gosh, you are so overdramatic," Sora laughed, holding tightly onto Chae's hand as the two of them apparated to a discreet, damp alleyway. 

Chaerin had been wanting sushi for at least a week now and she knew the exact muggle place to go, by apparating into the alleyway they could be sure that no muggle had seen them. The two witches tucked their wands safely into their bags and began making their way down the busy streets of London, the autumn breeze hitting them softly.

The sun was fairly bright today and it was cold enough to wear a jacket, summer was saying farewell, and autumn was beginning to take its rightful place. Chae looped her arm around Sora's, the two of them taking their time to walk to the sushi restaurant. 

"So when were you going to tell me about you and George?" Chae questioned, her eyebrow raised in a knowing way whilst she nudged her cousin.

Sora's ears went red at the mention of the redhead, her face flushing greatly and Chae was certain it was not the wind causing the pink to dust her cheeks because it was not that cold out today.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Sora stammered, avoiding Chae's eyes.

"Don't think I didn't notice your shirt in his bedroom the other day, after all, I am the one that does the laundry considering the twins think the washing machine will eat them."

"I-, fine. It was a one-time thing," Sora admitted, causing Chae to shake with laughter as they turned the corner and crossed the road to where the sushi place stood.

"Mhm, sure sweetie," Chae responded sarcastically, her arm reaching out to hold the door open letting Sora walk through first.

The smell of food drifted into Chae's senses, clouding her mind for a moment as she looked around the place. Before her parent's divorce, the Chang family would visit the restaurant at least twice a month, and within Chae's absence nothing had changed.

The black walls stood tall and high, the horizontal lights swinging from them and lighting up the smooth oak tables beneath them. A bar was against the furthest wall and next to it was a door which Chae thought must have led to the kitchens. 

A waiter greeted the two of them and walked them over to a table in the far corner of the restaurant, there were two tables in front of them and Chae could just see past Sora's head as the two of them sat down. Chae had an hour and thirty minutes until her shift at the joke shop started and she was determined to stuff at least twenty sushi rolls in her mouth before having to go to work.

a/n~ chae's finally a part of the order now!! thank you for reading!! please don't be a silent reader <3