→ chapter sixty three

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

to say that the plan had failed miserably would be an understatement, chae now had a slimy slytherin boy gripping onto her harshly. her eyes never leaving umbridge and harry in front of her. chae's foot began to stamp around, desperately aiming towards the syltherin's foot.

"you let me go or i swear i'll cut your fingers off and mail them to your parents!" chae threatened, earning a terrified look from the boy, but his grip did not loosen. she continued to struggle but it was proving to have no effect.

"so, potter" said umbridge "you stationed lookouts around my office and you sent this buffoon" she nodded at ron "to tell me the poltergeist was wreaking havoc in the transfiguration department when i knew perfectly well that he was busy smearing ink on the eyepieces of all the school telescopes-- mr. filch having just informed me so"

umbridge had settled herself in her chintz-covered arm-chair that lay behind her desk, she stared up at her captives through her toadlike features.

"clearly, it was very important for you to talk to somebody. was it albus dumbledore? or the half-breed, hagrid? i doubt it was minerva mcgonagall, i hear she is still too ill to talk to anyone"

malfoy and a few of the other members of the inquisitorial squad laughed, the small brunette let out an angry cry as she continued to kick the slytherin boy holding her. how dare that evil woman utter a word about her grandmother when she would never even equate to be a quarter of the witch minerva mcgonnagall is.

"it's none of your business who i talk to" harry snarled.

umbridge's slack face seemed to tighten.

"very well" she said in her most dangerous and falsely sweet voice "very well, mr. potter... i offered you the chance to tell me freely. you refused. i have no alternative but to force you. draco-- fetch professor snape"

when snape arrived, his usual black cloak swishing behind him, umbridge requested a bottle of veritaserum and chae's stomach hurdled. they were surely doomed if the evil gargoyle got her hands on the small bottle.

"you took my last bottle to interrogate the song girl" he said, surveying her coolly through his greasy curtains of black hair, chae sent hermione a guilty look and the bushy-haired girl looked as if she felt just as bad.

"unless you wish to poison him, and i assure you i would have the greatest sympathy if you did, i cannot help you" the potions master said calmly, turning to leave the headmistress' office.

umbridge looked as if she were about to explode, and chae wouldn't have been surprised if she had done.

"he's got padfoot! he's got padfoot at the place where it's hidden!" harry said urgently.

snape stopped in his tracks, his hand lingering on the doorknob.

"padfoot?" cried professor umbridge, looking eagerly from harry to snape "what is padfoot? where what is hidden? what does he mean, snape?"

"no idea" snape said coldly, taking one last glance at harry before leaving.

"very well" the stubby woman said, her feet beginning to pace around muttering to herself whilst beating her wand against her plump hand. chae figured out that she was most definitely talking herself into something.

"you give me no choice potter. as this is now, an issue of ministry security you leave me with no alternative" she said, turning back around to face harry "the cruciatus curse ought to loosen your tongue a little"

"NO! you can't- professor umbridge! it's illegal" protested hermione.

chae felt sick to her stomach, in that moment of time she wished that dolores umbridge would disappear, leaving nothing but a cloud of pink smoke.

"what cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him" said umbridge, turning over a photo of the minister on her desk.

"you evil, wicked woman!" chae cried, worried for her godbrother's safety.

umbridge raised her wand at the boy, ignoring the ravenclaw's cries of protest. with her wand pointed directly at harry's forehead she opened her mouth to speak but hermione beat her by speaking first.

"tell her harry!"

"tell me what?!" umbridge demanded, her wand still pointed at harry.

"well if you won't tell her where it is, i will!"

chae turned her to look at hermione so quickly that she could've sworn it gave her whiplash. hermione ignored her stares.

"where what is?" umbridge asked.

"dumbledore's secret weapon"

chae's eyes widened, her eyebrows contorting into a look of confusion before realising what hermione was doing.

a look of euphoria formed on professor umbridge's face, within mere minutes harry and hermione had disappeared into the castle grounds, leaving chae, ron, luna, ginny and neville with the inquisitorial squad.

chaerin knew that if there was any time to escape, it was now. she turned to ron, wishing she was telepathic so she could communicate with him silently. her brain tried to think of a plan, but they were outnumbered and attacking didn't seem like a good idea. suddenly, ron's eyes widened and he shoved his hand into his pocket, digging around before bringing it back out.

"chae, do you fancy a pastille? ginny?" he asked, offering the pastilles in his hands to his friends.

"yes please ron!" chae followed, reaching her hand out to take a sweet as the rest of the group looked at the pair in confusion.

however, before chae's hand could pick up a pastille, she was shoved out of the way by crabbe. crabbe greedily grabbed the bite size sweets and handed them out to the slytherins, chae smirked and ron had to bite his fist to stop himself from laughing.

loud retching noises filled umbridge's office and luna laughed like a maniac when sick began to pour out of the slytherin students mouthes. umbridge's office was covered from head to toe in puke, chae's fingers pinched her nose as she reached for luna's hand, following ginny out of the room.

the group of them hurriedly raced through the castle's corridors, not bothering to stop to communicate with anyone. chae's long brown hair whipped wildly behind her, the four of them running out of the entrance gates, the warm summer evening air hitting their faces.

when they finally made it to the bridge, they saw hermione and harry running towards them. chae skidded to a halt and smiled brightly at harry, despite the fear settling in her stomach.

"right then, now that all that's settled, department of mysteries anyone?"