→ chapter forty six

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

the sound of madam hooch's whistle signalled to the whole school that the game had begun and chae began to cheer loudly for her favourite boys. lee's commentary rang through the stadium and chae became more excited ed as the minutes passed by.

"and it's johnson -- johnson with the quaffle, what a player that girl is, i've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me--"

"JORDAN!" yelled prrofessor mcgonagall.

"--just a fun fact, professor, adds a bit of interest--and she's ducked warrington, she's passed montague, she's--ouch--been hit from behind by a bludger from crabbe ... montague catches the quaffle, montague heading back up the pitch and--nice bludger there from george weasley, that's a bludger to the head for montague, he drops the quaffle, caught by katie bell, katie bell of gryffindor reverse-passes to alicia spinnet and pinnet's away--"

chaerin watched intently, every now and again using her wand to make the hat perched on her head roar. the crowds were certainly excited today, with all the booing and singing. chae paused her hat and stood to listen to what the slytherins were singing.

weasley cannot save a thing,
he cannot block a single ring,
that's why slytherins all sing:
weasley is our king.

weasley was born in a bin
he always lets the quaffle in
weasley will make sure we win
weasley is our king.

chae felt the blood in her veins boil as she heard lee trying to drown out the song by commentating loudly, her mind was racing with things that she could do to help.

luna held her hand affectionately and the two of them took it in turns to sound each other's hats with their wands, cho smiled at them widely, admiring their kind actions.

although the song did not stop, if anything it grew louder. the song grew louder and so did chae's anger.

"-- so it's the first test for new gryffindor keeper weasley, brother of beaters fred and george, and a promising new talent on the team--come on, ron!"

loud screams of delight came from the slytherin side, ron had failed to keep the quaffle from entering the hoop. chae booed as loud as she could, her voice potentially cracking as she tried to drown the slytherins out.

"slytherin score!" came lee's voice amid the cheering and booing from the crowds below, "so that's ten-nil to slytherin--bad luck, ron"

the slytherins sang even louder:

WEASLEY WAS BORN IN A BIN
HE ALWAYS LETS THE QUAFFLE IN...