→ chapter ninety three

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Narcissa was silent as she thrust the bruised and bloodied girl into the basement, her knees sinking to the ground. For a moment, she thought she had seen a glint of sympathy in Narcissa's brown irises, but she must have been mistaken as she hurried off the moment Chae's knees hit the rough, cold concrete ground.

The basement room Chae was in was fairly plain, white walls hit the ceilings in smooth archways, it was dark and musty and small lamps were clamped firmly against the wall emitting a dim glow just enough for the petite Asian to see her surroundings. The steel iron bars that encased the room made her feel like she was some type of prisoner.

Well, realistically that's what she was; a prisoner. Although, she wasn't bound to shackles, she was just condemned to suffer in this dingy basement until the Dark Lord granted her freedom, and the nauseous feeling in her stomach told her that her freedom was not something that was on the cards for her.

"Miss Chang?" A hoarse voice sounded nearby.

Chaerin tried to raise her head, but the wounds on her collar bones caused her to wince in pain. Her eyes stayed fixed on the ground as she cautiously watched a pair of feet slowly and limply make their way over to her. When rough skin came into contact with her exposed shoulder, she flinched away lightly.

"Shh, shh. I'm not here to hurt you, they're keeping me here too."

Chae's head was beginning to thump, from the inside of her skull spreading outwards onto the surface skin of her forehead. It was a dull ache that made her feel like somebody had whacked her with a steel rod, she was certain that it would take a while to go away. Her swollen eyes opened as wide as they could, her vision blurry for a moment as they adjusted to the light once again.

In front of her was a frail old man who was very clearly malnourished, she could tell by the way his wrinkled skin sank into the hollows of his face causing him to appear more skeleton-like. His silvery eyes were watery and dull, locked onto Chae's body in concern as he used his last bit of strength to help her up.

With the support of one another, the duo hobbled over to a far corner in the room, it was far away from the makeshift prison door meaning that they were out of harm's way for now. Chae's body ached relentlessly as she slumped against the cool stone wall, her wounds flared with a fiery sting.

Her parted chapped lips let out laboured breaths, trying to ignore the anguish that ignited her limbs. The cuts that littered her skin itched and seared with a great deal of pain, Chae's small hand rubbed against a purple bruise that was forming on her thigh.

"Mr. Ollivander? Is that you? What are you doing here?" she whispered.

"I could ask you the same thing," he laughed lightly, but it soon turned into a dry cough.

"What can I say?" Chaerin shrugged her shoulders. "It's hard being friends with the oh-so-famous Harry Potter."

The pair laughed gently at the younger Ravenclaw's laugh and Chaerin let out a sigh, her head falling to rest against the old man's boney shoulder.

"I guess we're stuck with each other now," she sighed, causing the wandmaker to tut.

"Someone will come for us. Eventually. We won't be trapped here forever, I promise."

♡♡♡

Fred paced up and down the living room of the Burrow rapidly, his arms folded across his broad chest. The mind of the Gryffindor was barely hanging on by a thread, the search for his missing girlfriend had gotten them no closer to finding her, he was on the edge of going insane. The overwhelming concern for Chaerin's safety was overspilling and he was certain he would not be able to rest until Chae was back at his side, safe and sound.

For three days they had searched for the missing Ravenclaw, only to find nothing. Not even a sign as to where she was. The Weasley's and the Order as well as a small number of other wizards and witches had created search parties, a desperate attempt to try and find Chae but each time they came back empty-handed.

Molly and Arthur watched with worried looks on their faces, their son's footsteps distracting them from their original plans for that day. George sat without saying a word and Ginny kept her distance, sitting at the foot of the staircase. The atmosphere in the room was filled with thick tension, it would take a butcher's knife to be able to cut through it.

The four of them were waiting for a scrap of news from the order, it was now obvious to everyone that Chae had been taken during the attack that happened the night of Bill and Fleur's wedding.

Fred Weasley was full of regret; letting go of Chae's hand meant letting go of her, if he had fought a little harder to get to her, maybe she'd be sat opposite him during her shift at the joke shop, the two of them laughing together as usual. But instead, Chae was probably in danger of starving to death in an unfamiliar place.

Suddenly, the door of the Burrow burst open with a loud bang, startling the family. Remus Lupin walked quickly into the home, tears filling his eyes whilst he made his way over to Molly and Arthur. The pair shot up out of their seats, their facial features twisted into a look of confusion as they stared at the state the werewolf was in.

"Remus dear? What's wrong? Has something happened?" Concern was laced in Molly's tone, her arm reaching for Remus as he began to weep, his tears soaking Molly's blouse.

"It's Alice," Remus spluttered clumsily.

"What do you mean?" Molly asked gently, rubbing his back soothingly, he pulled away from her touch, his glassy eyes staring straight into Molly's.

"She's dead."

Molly's hand covered her mouth and Arthur rushed to her aid, helping his wife sit down. Soon enough, Remus and Molly were sobbing together on the sofa of the Weasley's living room, George stood up quickly to check on Ginny, leading her away from the intimate scene.

"How did it happen?" Arthur asked timidly.

"The Death Eaters got to her. Apparently, it was Bellatrix who killed her. She slit Alice's throat."

Molly sobbed louder.

"That's not the worst of it," Remus sighed, Arthur's eyebrow raising in confusion signaling for him to continue.

"They have Chae. I was told by someone that she was forced to watch as her mother died."

Fred's eyes widened and within mere seconds he was sat next to his mother who was blowing her nose into a tissue, the expression on her face was indescribable as the tears continued to leave her eyes. Arthur looked down sadly, knowing how much suffering this was going to cause for everyone.

"Do you know where they're keeping her?" Fred questioned, a fire in his eyes burning like none other.

Remus shook his head and sighed. "I wish I did. But the Order is working harder than ever to find her whereabouts. I promise you, we will find Chaerin. We won't let her down."

a/n~ hey loves, i originally planned to rewrite this which is why it wasn't published yesterday,
although i still have mixed feelings on the chapter, i decided to stick with it. as always, thank you for reading and thank you for all the love and support you show to this book. please remember to vote and comment, have a lovely day sweetpea's <3