→ chapter forty three

a/n~ thank you so much for all the recent love on this book, it motivates me so much to write and i appreciate every single vote and comment that you guys make, i really hope you're enjoying this so far! <3

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

"what exactly are we doing?" cho asked her sister.

"well what does it look like we're doing?" chae retorted.

"it looks as if we're standing behind a wall trying to camouflage ourselves?" cho said, but it sounded more like a question.

the chang sisters were currently peering out from behind a stone wall of the castle, they were just round the corner from umbridge's office. they were hoping to see her so chae could at least catch her doing something that would give them some sort of clue on what she was doing.

"don't be silly! we're spying on umbridge you muppet!" said chae, her eyes flickering to umbridge's office door whilst trying to stop herself from leaning forward and falling.

cho laughed and shook her head, hiding behind a wall for an hour definitely did not look like spying to her.

"chae, mum warned us not to get on the bad side of umbridge, in fact she even forbid us to involve ourselves in anything surrounding the woman!" said cho.

chae shrugged her shoulders before throwing her sister a lopsided grin.

"and since when do i listen to mum?"

"yeah that's a good point"

before the brunette could think of a response the familiar voice of severus snape sounded from behind them.

"and what do you think you two are doing out of bed?"

the sisters quickly turned round to face the professor, cho staying silent and letting her sister take control of the situation.

"taking a moonlit stroll" chae replied, a smile on her face "what about you professor? what keeps you awake tonight?"

the black haired man eyed her suspiciously, leering down at her over the top of his beak like nose.

"patrolling the corridors to make sure insolent little brats like you aren't strolling around when they're not supposed to be" said snape.

chae nodded her head and cho's eyes widened, chae stared up at the man. what a charming person.

"yeah, fair point, i guess on that note, we'll be off" chae responded, turning on her heel to leave.