→ chapter thirty one

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

chaerin had been home for a week when her mother had urgently rushed her to a different place. alice chang had sent her youngest daughter cho, on holiday with her friends, chae would be staying with alice at 12 grimmauld place.

alice chang had felt that keeping cho hidden away from anything to do with the dark lord would be safer, she had wanted to do the same with chae but chae had fought tooth and nail until her mother said she could stay.

however, chae had the shock of her life when she and her mother arrived at 12 grimmauld place, chaerin had known that sirius black was no danger at all and she had come to adore the man. but when she learnt the information that he was dating her mother, she was furious.

her mother divorced her father and now she expected chae to just accept that she had moved on, accept that her father had been replaced. chae wouldn't do it.

not to mention she had been abused terribly by the painting of sirius' mother, even if sirius had yelled at the painting defending the young girl multiple times. chaerin didn't know what was worse, kreacher the house elf or the painting.

she was sat at the kitchen table when she heard voices, a smile began to grow on her face as she could recognise those voices anywhere. chaerin stood up instantly when she was met face to face with the weasleys, before she knew it she found herself running to fred, the two of them colliding with a thud.

"miss me chang?" he laughed.

"only a little weasley" she responded.

"jesus it's only been a week and you've already got your hands on each other" teased george.

chaerin laughed, turned and began to greet the other weasley's, figuring they'd be staying with them now.

"well, now that you guys are here, i'll be leaving chaerin with you and sirius, i have important auror work over in france" said alice.

chaerin whipped her head around to face her mother, her eyes widening.

"you never told me! anything else you've been keeping from me mother? or is it just the fact you had a secret boyfriend?!" chae spat, alice let out a sigh at her daughter.

"chae, you shouldn't talk to your mother that way" sirius tried, but chae glared at him.

"whatever, how many other secrets are you hiding?" chae asked furiously.

the weasleys stared at the girl in shock, they had never ever seen chae talk to her mother that way and they never thought she would.