→ chapter eighty two

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Chae's dark hair cascaded down her back in waves that resembled the ocean, the front parts of her hair were clipped back so they would not fall onto her pretty features. The young Ravenclaw walked nervously through the halls of Hogwarts, her brain was racing with what she was going to tell Dumbledore.

Was there really any nice way of telling someone that their death was near? 'Oh, hey, Dumbledore I'm just here to tell you that you're going to die soon.' There was no easy way for her to work around this knowledge. 

The young woman had been sitting on top of this information since she had awoken earlier that morning, her mind was torn between keeping the information a secret or telling Dumbledore what she saw. She had ended up deciding on the latter which is how she found herself back in the familiar castle.

It was obvious to any passerby that Chaerin was undoubtedly stressed, she looked terrible. Her skin was pale with fright and there was a slight trickle of sweat falling onto her face. The plump skin of her lip was pulled between her teeth as she chewed nervously on it, there was really no acceptable way to go about this problem.

Her footsteps echoed against the marble floors, every sound making her realise that she could not turn back around. She really did have to tell Dumbledore before it was too late, for all she knew she could walk into his office and find his dead body. 

She shook her head, she was being silly. That wasn't how Dumbledore died. He was going to fall from the Astronomy tower by the looks of it, the thought of it made her throat burn with sick. She wanted to throw up more than anything, it took all of her strength to keep the vomit down and try to find the words of what to say. 

Just as Chaerin turned the corner, a familiar bushy-haired girl bumped into her. Hermione smiled at her brightly but her features soon contorted into a look of concern when she saw the state that Chae was in. 

"Chae? What brings you here?" 

"I need to speak to Dumbledore, it's urgent."

"Harry's with him at the moment, I'm sure if you come back to Gryffindor tower Harry will arrive back soon and you can go!" Hermione suggested, which sounded like a good idea to Chaerin. 

So, the two of them began to make their way to the Gryffindor common room. It didn't take them long to navigate the staircases and Chae estimated that it must have taken them about ten minutes to arrive there. 

The sun was setting on the horizon, creating beautiful swirls of pink and orange. If Chae wasn't feeling so sick she probably would've watched the sun go down, but it was something she couldn't muster the courage to do. There was no way she could watch the pretty sunset and just wait for Dumbledore to meet his end, it was disgraceful. 

Once they were inside the cosy common room, Hermione dragged Chae to sit with Ron. Chae couldn't bring herself to talk, afraid she'd let the vital information slip. Her leg bounced up and down anxiously and Ron stared confusedly at the petite Asian in between him and Hermione. 

Suddenly, Harry came charging into the common room resembling a man on a mission. The determination on his face made Chaerin feel uneasy as Hermione stood up to call Harry over.

"What did Dumbledore want?" She asked, Harry didn't even realise Chae was there. "Harry, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," the black-haired boy responded before dashing upstairs into the boy's dormitory, leaving the three of them confused.

He soon rushed back downstairs and began to explain everything Dumbledore had told him, such as the prophecy being made by Trelawney and how he was going to be accompanying Dumbledore somewhere. He then told them that they needed them to keep an eye on Draco and Snape because Dumbledore wasn't going to be at Hogwarts tonight.

The knot in Chaerin's stomach tightened as she nodded her head, agreeing to do what Harry was telling them to. He hastily shoved the Marauders Map in Chae's hand, her eyes widening and Hermione let out a small squeak of fear as Harry shoved the small bottle of liquid luck hidden away in a pair of his socks to Ron. 

After that, he hastily said goodbye before running away again. Chae's mind was beginning to cloud with Harry's instructions and she desperately turned to Ron and Hermione, the poor girl really looked as if she were about to be sick. 

Before either of them could ask her what was wrong, Chae hunched over quickly and before she could stop it, vomit spewed from her mouth and onto the scarlet carpet. Hermione looked away and Ron scrunched his nose up in disgust. 

"Bloody hell Chae, that's revolting!" Ron exclaimed as Chae wiped her mouth with the sleeve of her cardigan. "Do you want me to see if I can contact Fred?"

"No! I'm fine!" Chae blurted quickly, there was no way she was going to break her silent treatment with the redhead because she had been sick. She did not need him to look after her. 

"Now then, I believe we have some jobs to get to. Where should we start?" Chaerin asked, her hands on her hips now resembling a completely different person. 

It would be hard to believe that only seconds ago the poor girl was a nervous wreck and now she was back to her usual smart, brave and wise self. 

Now was not the time for Chaerin Chang to let Harry Potter down, their argument from a couple of days ago was now put to bed in the past and she would do her best to make sure she did as Harry told them to, she refused to fail him and she refused to let Hogwarts fill with evil.

a/n~ hi hello! i can now confirm that this section of goodnight n go will be coming to an end soon, that's kind of exciting. if you enjoyed this chapter please remember to vote and comment! have a lovely afternoon loves!