→ chapter six

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

chaerin was incredibly happy when the group of them finally returned home to the burrow. although, when mrs weasley began crying, just the sight made chaerin cry too. but she laughed through her tears as the others laughed with her.

over the next week, mr wealsey and percy weren't home much. chae was glad when she found out percy wasn't going to be home, it wasn't that she disliked percy, she disliked his attitude a lot of the time. percy was nice to her but there were a few times he'd said some harsh things to her, which didn't go down well with fred and george.

it was a cosy evening as they all sat in the living room, the rain lashing against the windows. hermione had her head buried in a book, harry was cleaning his firebolt and fred and george were sitting in a far corner, with their quills out as they whispered to each other whilst jotting things down on a piece of parchment.

chae was sat by the window, she had finished studying and her books were now at her feet as she watched the rain droplets fall against the window. fred and george noticed where she was sat and the two of them rolled up two pieces of parchment and aimed them straight at the girls head.

the girl jumped before she turned to face fred and george, an annoyed expression on her face.

"will you two stop throwing things at me! before i decide to throw you both off the train when we're on our way back to hogwarts!" she threatened.

"why are you always threatening us?" george responded.

"yeah, why don't you just come and sit with us and maybe we'll leave you alone!" said fred.

chae rolled her eyes as she stood up to make her way over to the boys, fred patted the spot next to him and she sat down. when she sat down molly looked over to the three of them, a suspicious look on her face.

"what are you two up to?" molly said sharply, her eyes fixed on the twins.

"homework" said fred vaguely.

"don't be ridiculous, you're still on holiday" mrs weasley said.

"yeah we've left it a bit late" said george.

"you're not by any chance, writing out a new order form are you?" she said shrewdly, her eyes turning to chae, expecting her tell her what the twins were doing.

"nope, no order forms here molly!" chae smiled brightly. molly raised her eyebrow.

"you wouldn't be thinking of restarting weasleys' wizard wheezes by any chance?" she questioned further.

"now, mum" said fred, looking up at his mother with a pained expression on his face "if the hogwarts express were to crash tomorrow, and george and i died, how would you feel knowing the last thing we ever heard from you was an unfounded accusation?"

everybody, including mrs weasley laughed at fred's response. their conversation came to an end when arthur finally returned home from work, fred, george and chae went back to minding their own business.

"oi, chae, how many classes are you taking this year?" george asked, chae shrugged her shoulders.

"i think i'm taking five or six, i can't remember what i chose"

"why do you always choose so many?" fred questioned as george agreed with him.

"because, fred, unlike you and george, i must fulfil my education, i'm not smart like you guys, i can't just invent my own products!" chaerin replied, a smile on her face as she stared at the two boys.

"oh come off it, you're the smartest witch of your age, even dumbledore has said that!" said george.

"chae, we told you, you can work at the joke shop with us" fred whispered, he had to lower his voice so molly wouldn't catch on to what he said.

"and have you two boss me around all day everyday? think i'll pass on that" said chae, a sarcastic smile on her face as fred and george laughed at her.

at last, the holidays had come to an end and the students now found themselves ready to board the hogwarts express. chae spotted her parents and ran over to them quickly, she hadn't seen them and wanted to at least say goodbye because according to molly, they'd want to spend christmas at hogwarts after they knew what was happening.

"mother! father!" chae called, her parents turned around, their arms open for the girl, she quickly ran forward to both of them.

"i missed you!" chae told them, they smiled down at her.

"we missed you too!" alice responded to their eldest daughter.

"is cho already on the train?" she asked.

"well do you see her here?" her father snapped abruptly, chae's eyebrows furrowed at his attitude. she watched as alice turned to face him.

"i can't believe you oscar! the one time i ask you to at least act as if you're in a good mood for the sake of our girls and you can't even do that!"

the girl stood confused as oscar chang huffed before walking away, her mother shook her head.

"ignore him sweetie, he's not very nice at the moment"

"yeah i gathered"

chae said goodbye to her mother before walking back over to the weasleys, a frown on her face as she began to think about how much her parents had been arguing recently. she laced her hand with fred's as she stood with them all.

"thank you mrs weasley for having me stay!" chae told molly when she pulled the woman in for a hug.

"oh chaerin! you're always welcome with us! make sure you visit soon" molly responded before she said goodbye to the others, leaving them to board the train as fred and george tried to get their mother and older brothers to tell them what was going to happen at hogwarts that year. the excitement was killing them.