→ chapter twenty nine

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

chaerin followed the pair until they reached mad eye's office, where chae decided she'd wait outside. the girl pressed her ear up against the door, hoping to catch mad eye out. as the time went by, chae had soon uncovered all of mad eye's secrets.

but there was no way alastor moody was a death eater, he was an auror. this had proven chaerin's suspicions and she was just about ready to go to dumbledore, but she couldn't leave harry in there on her own.

chae pulled her wand from her pocket as she continued to listen, her heart in her throat. the young girl quickly rushed through the door with her wand pointing at alastor moody when she heard him threatening to kill harry.

"drop your wand you silly girl!" moody growled.

"no way!" chae yelled, her wand still pointing towards the imposter.

"then you leave me no choice" he said darkly "crucio"

chae dropped to her knees, feeling as if her bones were made of fire. her screams ripped through the air as harry tried to stop the man. the girl screamed in agony as the imposter kept his wand fixated on her, she had never felt pain like it. in that moment she wanted to beg for death, hoping it would come to her quickly.

when the pain finally stopped chae was panting for air, the girl had dropped her wand and mad eye had kicked it aside with his foot so she couldn't reach it anymore.

"sectumsempra" said moody and chaerin felt blood soaking her shirt, the pain causing her to stay still, watching as moody drew closer to harry. she couldn't move, she wanted to help harry but she was failing to do so.

just as alastor raised his wand to the boy the door slammed open and albus dumbledore charged through.

"stupefy!"

he had stunned the wizard causing him to tumble backwards, professor snape and professor mcgonagall hurried into the room and mcgonagall gasped when she saw her granddaughter. chae tried to stand as she reached out for harry's hand, which laced with hers as mcgonagall hurried over to them, insisting she take them to the hospital wing but dumbledore disagreed.

their headmaster gave orders to professor mcgonagall and to professor snape, if they had been confused by dumbledore's strange orders, they didn't dare question it and left the room.

chae turned to harry, whispering gently.

"are you okay harry?" she asked.