→ chapter seventy seven

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

A month had passed since Christmas and since then Chae felt that the season's greetings of happiness had worn off. She was no longer in a sea of bliss, instead, she felt as if she was being pulled under by waves of anger and frustration.

The anger radiating from Chaerin's body was red hot, she was eerily calm as she paced up and down the bedroom she shared with her boyfriend. Chae had reached a boiling point, in a matter of seconds it felt like she was going to explode. The young woman was beyond stressed, she completely and utterly fed up with everybody around her.

Chaerin was a selfless person, finding joy in doing good deeds for others but for once wouldn't it hurt for them to give her a break? Why must it be Chae's issue? Why couldn't Harry deal with his Draco theory on his own? Why couldn't Fred and George understand that it wasn't her job to come up with new joke products? Why couldn't her mother stop pestering her about becoming an Auror?

But the thing that had really sent her over the edge, was seeing one of her dearest friends close to tears when they accompanied each other for lunch earlier that day. Fleur Delacour may have been out of line in some of the things she had said, she may have come across as rude or spoilt at times but that did not mean she wasn't one of the kindest people Chae had ever come to cherish. Fleur Delacour was not a horrible person and Chae could no longer sit around and watch other people she cared for belittling her longest friend.

Fleur's earlier words lingered in her mind, it was plain and easy to see that Fleur loved Bill. It was similar to the way Chae loved Fred. But why is it that Chae didn't have to deal with the scrutinizing comments? Chae had never once had a Weasley call her unnecessary nicknames behind her back and Chae could not stand to leave the situation untouched any longer.

A long sentence of cuss words in her native language left her mouth, she was at her limit. Chae would no longer sit and watch, she was not a pushover and she most definitely would not tolerate the ill-mannered behavior towards her friend much longer. 

The brunette shivered when she felt Fred's hands on her shoulders, she shut her eyes tightly for a moment before she turned to face him but the cold look in her eyes was obvious. 

"Chaerin... What's wrong? You only talk in Korean when you're stressed or angry. What's happened love?" Fred asked, slightly aware of the dangerous look in his girlfriend's eyes.

"Oh, I don't know Fred.. Perhaps it has something to do with one of my best friends crying because of the petty behaviour she's had to tolerate the whole time she's been staying with your family," Chae snapped instantly.

Chae herself may have been out of line for bringing the Weasley family into this, but it was an unfair situation and she could no longer sit on the sidelines and watch some of her favourite people act in a nasty way that was so out of character for them. Fred scoffed instantly, she seriously had the audacity to blame his family?