→ chapter forty eight

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

chaerin felt that she had blinked and it was now her favourite month in the year; december. she walked through the hogwarts castle slowly, her eyes following the decorations that were being strung up above the halls. chae was on her way to meet cho, it was a saturday morning and she was most definitely excited to play in the glistening snow.

her bobble hat, house scarf and coat were keeping her wrapped up and warm as she made her way outside into the courtyard, searching for her sister, she turned her head only to come face to face with a snowball that hit her directly on her nose. she let out a shriek as the cold and wet snow came into contact with her previously warm skin.

sooner than later chae found that the person that hit her was none other than fred weasley, who was accompanied by his twin brother george weasley. she glared at the two of them.

"excuse me, you just hit my face" said chae, the twins now laughing at her expression.

"well technically, we weren't aiming for your face" said george.

"yeah we were aiming for the side of your head, hoping it would knock you out" said fred, a smirk on his face.

if it weren't for the mandrake leaf that was perched under her tongue, chae was sure that she would have throttled the taller boy by now, but there was no way she was risking the leaf falling and having to start again for a second time.

"one of these days, i'm going to shove my foot so far up your arse you'll be able to taste it" she threatened, the twins looking at each other in concern.

"and you wonder why people think you're on the mad side" commented george, chae simply rolled her eyes at him.

"anyway, what is it that you two wanted? i would like to find my sister at some point today" chae questioned.

"are you sleeping in our dorm tonight?" fred asked, his eyebrow raised, chae nodded her head.

"most probably, now i'm going to find my sister, i'll see my two favourite boys later" chae smiled happily, reaching up to ruffle the twins' hair before walking away.

"we are so not her boys" said fred, turning to george with his arms crossed, george nodded his head before making a look of confusion.

"okay, yeah, we are her boys" said george, fred agreed.

"yeah definitely"

much to chae's dismay, she had found cho, only to be rejected by her sister who was busy with her friends so instead chae set off to hagrid's hut, hoping he'd welcome her in for a cup of tea.

which was exactly what he did, which is how chae found herself sat at the wooden table with a mug practically the size of a bucket in front of her. hagrid had filled her in about going to the giants and chae asked if he could heal his injuries to which he politely declined because it would look as if he had performed the magic himself.

the time passed by quickly and chae had finished her tea and decided she should go to the gryffindor common room as the sun began to set. she said goodbye to hagrid and thanked him for the tea before she pulled on her coat again and left, carefully trailing her wand behind her to remove her footprints using the vanishing spell.

when she arrived in the common room she was instantly bombarded by the twins, harry, ron and hermione who were all evidently waiting for her.

"no i'm not doing your homework again" she told the twins as they looked at her eagerly.

the redheads both let out a defeated sigh and stalked off to a table, waiting for the other four to join them. ron then turned to the girl, giving her the classic puppy eyes.

"no, i'm not doing yours either" she retorted, sitting down next to fred and george as he followed behind her.

chae pulled out some parchment from her bag which also held her pyjamas in for the night. a mutual silence lingered over the group as they began to work on their own assignments, chae had a charms essay that was due in and it was at least three foot long by the time she finished it.

when everybody had finished, the common room was empty and chae tried to stifle a yawn, feeling as if fred's bed was calling to her. she rested her head on the table, listening to the orange and yellow flames from the magnificent fireplace crackle, she let out a sigh as fred reached over and began to stroke her hair.

"i think it's bed time, don't you?" fred said softly.

the brunette nodded her head tiredly and packed away her things, saying goodnight to the trio and following fred and george to their dormitory.

just as chae was lying down, fred's arms wrapped around her providing her with warmth she sat up quickly, her back as straight as a ruler as she felt a sinking feeling in her stomach. sweat began to pour off the girl's forehead as she tried to figure out what the feeling in her stomach could be.

all chae knew was that something bad was happening, the anxiety flooding throughout her veins. fred grabbed the girl's hand looking at her, concern written all over his face as the girl before him began to panic.

"chae? what's wrong?" he asked.

all chae could do was shake her head as the tears began to fall from her eyes, she squeezed the boy's hand tightly as panic began to settle deep in her bones. chae shut her eyes tightly, trying to focus on why she felt like this, usually she'd get these feelings whenever something bad was going to happen and usually her gut was correct.

chae blocked out everything else in her mind, focusing solely on the cause of her anxiety, she had no clue if it would work but the words fell from her mouth without the girl even knowing what she was saying.

"it's your father, i think he's in danger"