→ chapter seventy four

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Raindrops splattered against Chae's frail body, mixing with the salty tears that were uncontrollably cascading down her face. The wind swayed her body gently but still, she did not move from her position on the ground, her knees sinking further into the grass and mud.

Chaerin knew there was no way to turn back time, she knew that these events were set in stone. The world was collapsing around her only to be replaced with a cold, harsh, and cruel monster that preyed on the grief of human beings. It was no longer the world she had known for the past nineteen years, all the happiness had been sucked from her soul.

She genuinely felt as if the dementors had kissed her.

After all, a world without Alice Chang was one that she so desperately did not want to live in.

There was no possible way for her to hold her mother's hand again, to see her smile, or to hold her. Now Chaerin was holding onto the memories of her mother with an iron grip, afraid that if she were to let go, her mother would slip permanently from her mind. There was no goodbye, there was no happy end, and there was no last moment.

Her mother's beautiful face was burned into her mind like a tattoo, this was a cut that would always bleed.

Chae wanted to go back, back to the time where her mother was so much more than a memory. She needed to, her throat was scorching with the yearning for her mother and her heart was shattering into tiny pieces, pieces that could not be put back together. The white-hot tears were never-ending and she truly felt that she was on fire, but it was not the burning fire of the feeling that kept you alive, it was the fire that made you want to throw yourself recklessly into it, sending yourself up into red and orange flames.

Her eyes stung with tears as she stared at the marble gravestone in front of her, the gold writing marking every inch of her. It was permanent. The pain was permanent and it was never going to go, this gravestone was a mark of Alice Chang that proved her daughter could not unwind these events.

Here lies Alice Chang.
The loving daughter and mother. The angel who fell too soon.
19th of January 1960 - 2nd of May 1998.

"Come on, Chae, we need to go."

"No! Don't touch me! I need to stay! I need to be with her!"

"Shh, Chaerin it's okay. We must go."

Chae's body dripped with sweat, the feeling of Fred's strong arms wrapped around her arms did not soothe her the way they usually would. Her mind was racing and every inch of her was panicking, she needed to go to her mother.

"Fred, let go! I need to go now!" She shouted, kicking her legs out from underneath the blankets.

The redhead was completely and utterly confused but he knew Chae must have had a nightmare, after all, she had woken him up by elbowing him in the face. When his eyes opened he saw the brunette wriggling about and crying as if she was going through an exorcism. His main priority currently was to calm her down, but Chae wasn't having any of it. Her cries had even woke George up, causing him to come rushing into their bedroom.

"What's going on?!" He asked, his voice clear with concern.

"I need to go to my mum! She could be dying!"

"Do you want me to call her mum? Although I'm not sure she'll pick up at four in the morning," George suggested, staring at his twin who was trying to hold Chaerin down, scared she was going to hurt herself.

"I think that's the best option we have right now," said Fred, a worried smile on his face.

George nodded his head and rapidly left the room, going to find what muggles called the 'telephone'. Chae had shown both of the twins how to use the telephone but it wasn't something they were confident in doing, but George knew this was a desperate situation.

Chaerin's cries could be heard from outside, Alice had received George's phone call and apparated as quickly as she could. Hearing her daughter cry like that caused her motherly instincts to kick in, like a mother bear racing to their cubs Alice wasted no time in getting to her daughter.

When George opened the door to her, he immediately stood out of the way to let Alice in. The older woman rushed past him and into the room where her daughter was sobbing, the scene in front of her was like one she had never seen before, she was terrified that her eldest daughter had well and truly lost it.

Fred had a purple bruise forming around his eye which had been caused by Chae struggling to get free, his arms were wrapped around her tightly as the small girl thrashed about dangerously. He let go when he saw Alice, the sight of Chae's mother caused Chaerin to jump up instantly, throwing herself onto her.

Alice's arms immediately encased around her daughter, stroking her hair gently as she sunk to her knees on the floor with her. It was a sad sight to see, a mother cradling her daughter who could not seem to gather the fact that she was alive and breathing.

"I-i t-thought you were dead! I-i saw your gravestone! It was really you!" Chae sobbed, Fred and George were watching from afar, not wanting to interrupt but even the scene was breaking their hearts.

"Baby I'm right here, I'm alive, everything is okay," said Alice, her voice soft and gentle like a summer breeze.

Chae's crying did not calm right away and it was obvious to everybody in the room that Alice Chang would have to stay through the night. It was at this moment then that Alice Chang realised the second wizarding war had a high chance of ruining them all.

a/n~ thank you for reading, i apologise that this chapter is a bit boring but it was necessary! please don't be a silent reader! <3