→ chapter seventy five

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

December came around quickly and Chaerin greeted the season with newfound happiness, the Christmas season was a magical time of the year. It was a time filled with love, happiness, family, and warmth, it was one of the many things Chae needed recently. Although her mother was on a mission in Spain and her sister would be spending Christmas with her grandmother, Chae felt that spending another Christmas with the Weasleys and the order would be fitting, given that everybody needed a little extra love in the current situation.

The Ravenclaw admired her own reflection in the full-body length mirror, she may not have been perfect but everybody is entitled to self-love and Chaerin would be damned if she were to love another without loving herself, so that's what she did. Chaerin Chang loved herself wholeheartedly because she knew that she deserved it, everybody has flaws but that doesn't mean they should not be loved. Every part of somebody is a part of an extraordinary masterpiece.

The young witch had been invited to attend Slughorn's Christmas party. She'd be attending with Fred but in all honesty, Chae couldn't wait to see Hermione, her letters weren't enough and she was craving the well-missed girl time the two of them used to share, especially if it meant discussing book theories and new knowledge they had learned.

Chae's dress was in the colour of a dusty rose, it was an off-shoulder one piece with ruffles at the top and it pinched slightly at her waist before flowing down to her mid-thigh. It was simple but pretty and she thought it would do quite well for the formal event, she had paired the dress with white stiletto heels giving her a bit of extra height, she looked stunning.

"You ready to go yet love?" Fred asked, walking into their bedroom wearing black dress pants and a white shirt.

"Yeah, let me grab my bag!" Chae responded, clipping the back of her earring into place before turning around.

Fred's eyes widened but he managed to keep his cool, however, it didn't take a detective to know that he was completely in awe of the woman in front of him. He stood slack-jawed as he took in her appearance.

"Are you going to compliment me?" the brunette laughed, strutting over to him, the extra height making her legs look astonishing.

"I suppose you look less ugly than usual," Fred joked, leaning down to peck the girl on the lips earning a small giggle from her.

♡♡♡

Chae sucked in a breath, her hand gripped onto Fred's tightly when they walked into the room full of people. She had to admit that Slughorn's office was decorated beautifully, her eyes focused on the ceilings and walls that had been draped in emerald, crimson and gold hangings, the room was bathed in red light from a gold ornate lamp that was hanging from the ceiling. She smiled in delight when her eyes fell on the real fairies that were fluttering about and she felt a house-elf rush past her baring a plate of food.