→ chapter one hundred and four

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

The pain was like no other. It swallowed Chaerin whole, like a flood. It was numbing, it crushed her completely. All of a sudden, a large hole replaced where her heart should have been, it was hollow and bone-deep.

She had lost half of her. To lose the one you loved, was to lose half of yourself. It hadn't quite hit her yet, she was waiting for the next round of pain, waiting for it to engulf her the way flames engulfed a house.

Chaerin Chang would never be whole again.

She'd never be able to sleep next to Fred Weasley again, she'd never be able to hear about his plans again, she'd never be able to kiss his lips again. He'd never be able to kiss away this scar.

How was she supposed to find her way home when her home had been demolished?

She yearned for her home. She yearned for him. He was the oxygen that ignited in her lungs, he was the fuel to her fire. Most importantly, he was hers. He was hers to hold for the rest of their lives.

But she'd never get the rest of his life.

Godric, it was so unfair.

Chae couldn't help but ask why? Why Fred? Why him? Why was it her love that had to be ripped from her so cruelly?

Another cry ripped at her throat, choking her. What was she meant to do? She couldn't just continue as if this had never happened. This was Fred she was talking about, she couldn't just put him away as if he were simply a pair of shoes that didn't fit.

Because after all, he had had the biggest impact on her and her life. He had changed her life for the better, Fred was all Chae had ever known. So how was she supposed to forget all she had ever known?

He was gone. He was really gone. This was it. The worst had happened.

Chae had learned to expect the worst, but she couldn't have expected this. After all, they had promised each other. They had promised to stay alive. He had broken his promise. But yet, she couldn't blame him nor call him a traitor.

"Please, please come back to me. I beg," said Chae, her hands gripping his shirt with an iron fist.

She was met with silence.

The war raged on around her, but she couldn't move. She was frozen. If this was going to be her last moment with Fred, then she wanted to savour it. Her tears soaked his shirt. This couldn't be real, this couldn't be what she thought it was. This was not her reality.

"Fred, please. Please don't leave me."

Chae knew that she was vulnerable, someone could stab a knife right through her back or even shoot the killing curse at her, and the worst part was that she wouldn't care. She would give anything to lay with him one last time, even if they were laying on their death beds together.