→ chapter ten

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

the next day was saturday, usually like most students chae would wake up later than usual. but considering today was the day people would be submitting their names into the goblet of fire, chae found herself awake much earlier than usual.

she ate her breakfast at the ravenclaw table in hopes to get some peace and quiet away from fred and george, chae usually sat alone at breakfast unless cho or the twins were with her. it wasn't that people were scared of chae, it was more of the fact that they were scared of chae in the morning.

especially after the time a ravenclaw boy tried to flirt with her just as she had woke up, the poor boy ended up a fork lodged in his robes. it was lucky chae had missed his head. for the next three months the boy had avoided chae like she had a disease, she had even tried to apologise to him multiple times!

just as she finished her toast she noticed the twins and lee arrive, the three boys searched the hall before their eyes landed on the girl they were trying to find. they quickly ran over to the girl and sat beside her.

"ready to go love?" fred asked, george and lee laughed at the nickname but fred ignored them.

"what about you three? have you eaten yet?"

"no, don't wanna get sick" george responded, chaerin rolled her eyes before buttering each of them a slice of toast.

"oh chaerin, what would we do without you?" lee asked in a higher pitched voice as he took the slice of toast.

"without me? the three of you would probably be dead or expelled"

the three of them nodded in agreement whilst they munched their toast, chae sighed but ultimately couldn't wait to prove the twins wrong.

chaerin was beginning to get annoyed with the twins going on about the triwizard tournament so she decided to go and find hermione, she found hermione sat with her nose in a book as people watched the other students enter their names.

"hi chae" she smiled at her, however her eyes did not leave the book.

"hey mione" said chae, the two of them sat in a comfortable silence but the silence was soon broken when the twins came bounding through the doors, shouting and cheering as they ran past students who high fived them, excited to see how they were going to get past the age line.

the weasley twins were very popular among students, at hogwarts they had made a name for themselves, everybody knew them. the girls took a particular interest in the two of them, but who could blame them? the twins were insanely attractive boys.

chae looked up at the twins when they were finally behind her and hermione, she smiled at them.

"well lads, we've done it, cooked it up just this morning" george told everyone, chaerin coughed loudly, signalling she wanted credit.

"well, chaerin made it" fred corrected, causing the students to laugh. hermione looked at chae before she spoke up.

"it's not going to work" the girl said in a sing song voice, chae nodded in agreement but at this point she'd decided to just let the twins get on with it, there wasn't any point in arguing with them.

"oh yeah" said fred as the two boys sat beside the girls.

"why's that granger?" asked george.

"you see this? this is an age line. dumbledore drew it himself" she explained as she pointed to the line around the goblet.

"so?" fred continued.

"so, a genius like dumbledore" hermione started as she looked to chae who sat up in her seat.

"couldn't possibly be fooled by something so pathetically dim witted as an ageing potion" finished chaerin.

"ah but that's why it's so brilliant" said fred.

"cause it's so pathetically dim witted" said george.

without another word the two of them stood up onto the bench, they began to shake the potion before they popped the lids off.

"ready fred?"

"ready george?"

the two of them twisted their arms around each other's to drink the potion.

"bottoms up"

when they had drank the potion, the twins hurriedly jumped into the circle. the crowd awed and chaerin gasped, she thought they wouldn't even be able to get in the circle.

the twins began celebrating before they dropped their names into the goblet, they high fived and began to celebrate again however they were taken by surprise as blue flames soared from the cup, hitting them both directly in the chest, knocking them out of the circle.

they landed with a thud on the floor and the ravenclaw girl began to laugh as she stood up and saw what had happened. the twins had indeed aged, but they'd aged too far. their once red hair was now grey and beards had grown.

"you said!"

"no you said!"

the crowd watched and began chanting as the two boys began to fight each other playfully. chaerin laughed for a while before she decided to step in, she walked over to the boys and began to break them apart.

"nice beard weasley" she said to fred with a smirk on her face as she pulled him from his brother.

"oh shut it chang" he responded with a glare.

"i told you so"

"yeah whatever" george responded as dumbledore entered the great hall, he too was laughing with the students.

"i did warn you" dumbledore began as he surveyed the twins who were being held apart by the chang girl. "i suggest you let miss chang escort you to madam pomfrey, she is already tending to miss fawcett of ravenclaw and mr summers of hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. though i must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours"

chae smiled gently at the man who joked with the twins, dumbledore truly was a great headmaster, she hoped that he'd be around when her future children attended the school. although chae knew that it might not end that way, dumbledore was in fact quite old.

the twins, lee and chae set off for the hospital wing. lee laughed the entire journey there and chae couldn't take her eyes off the twins, they looked utterly ridiculous and she found it highly amusing. she was particularly proud, that once again, she had been right.